Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Kick start my heart (and other tunes)

I just love listening to music when I train - today's choice was Combat 22 which has Kick Start my Heart (think it may be by Metallica but not sure) and some other uplifting tunes such as "Holding Out for a Hero" on it. It really helps me to focus on putting in the intensity and I visualize putting in my best performance every time I lift something.

Today's training: 40mins
Chest/Biceps/abs
Bench Press 4 x15/ab plank on ball 4 x 30sec
Incline Bench Press/ ball roll back 4 x12
Decline Chest Flyes/ ab bicycle/single leg pilates stretch combo 4 x20

Biceps Giant Set
Hammer Curls then Dumbbell curls to failure x 3 sets...yowsa
Routine run through: 1st 30sec
Teach spinning class and go for a walk.

Eating has been nice and consistent these past few days. My biggest issue is avoiding the attack of the dreaded Food Troll - the phenomena where you aimlessly wander around your kitchen digging into what ever looks good, just because you want to have a little mouth party. That's when I get busy and get the h**l out of the kitchen. Having most meals pre prepped helps a lot as well, though I'm not as consistent as I could be with this.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Yeah it is bad when you have a partner who eats crap foods all the time and a daughter who loves lollies,chocolate, ice-cream etc - all those things never existed in my kitchen before!!!! Now they are everywhere - I get crapped off sometimes when my parnter comes home cuts a huge piece a cheese of the block and eats it in front of me taunting me!!! I don't like lollies, chocolate etc oh but the cheese!!!!! Yes, I agree, less time spent in the kitchen and house the better!!!!

Andrea said...

Kick start my heart = motley cru ? Spelling. I can definitely see how that song would get you going. I just had a little listen to it on itunes and it made me want to go and do a body combat class....Aww sometimes I miss fitness first.
Andjxx

LizN said...

Thanks Andj - yeah it is Motley Crue - I will sleep better knowing what I'm listening to!
Make that two of us that miss Fitness First..sob,sob!

Hi Jodi, my DH is a bit of junk food fiend, but is much better trained than he used to be :)
Hugs
Liz;)