Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rest, repose, refocus...

Yesterday I had a day of total rest - slept for nearly 12 hours, think the old bod must have needed it! This morning I went for a walk around the perimeter of town and through some farming land - took me 110 minutes and I was glad that I brought two CDs to listen to, rather than one.

Am feeling a bit stressed at the moment as my in laws are coming to visit for a week and even though they are staying in their caravan, they are coming over for most meals which is pretty stressful as they like richer, heavier food than I am accustomed to. I actually made semi dried tomato and olive bread as a trial for their visit and ended up eating four slices myself! I certainly will be firing on all those unintended carbs. After much thought I got out my 80/20 book and am going to make a few recipes out of this - chicken breast burgers with red curry paste (instead of fish) with Vietnamese Mint Salad, my Ethiopian Lamb Berbere with brown rice and natural yoghurt raita and will do some salads with grilled tuna, salmon etc. They won't even know they are eating clean! Big bowls of strawberries and kiwis for dessert! I'll fit my workouts in the early morning. I've been getting up at 5am, so an extra half hour will not make much difference. And I won't make any bread - what is the local bakery for anyway ;)

2 comments:

RaeC said...

A 12 hour sleep sounds divine... I only wish I could sleep for that long!! Mum had the wood fire on when I went to visit her today and after lunch I was very sleepy... LOL!!

Sounds like you have some good plans in place for the outlaws visit!! xxx

Andrea said...

Gee Liz,
Your cooking sounds divine!
I'd love to get that egyptian recipe from you.
Andjxx