Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day in the Life


Tonight's photo is of my youngest daughter, Miss Georgia with her cousin Connor.

I thought I would describe a day in my life right now - thanks for the inspiration, Rae.

Here goes....

5am - Rise and put on several layers of clothing and go for a walk - walking has become a daily ritual for me - I don't go particularly fast - just put on some great music and enjoy time to myself.

6.15am - return from walk and prep hub's lunch and eat breakfast with him. I usually have oats with Ladybird Figure Tone mixed in. Then DH leaves and I check my emails and look over my list for the day. I put the washing on and take out dinner (which I've usually pre prepared or portioned)
7.30am - both girls get up and we prepare for school, have breakfasts, make lunch etc.
8.45am - drop girls off at school/kindy
9.00 - usually at the gym - I do my resistance training and then cardio or vice versa if it's really cold. Lately I've been doing my RT and cardio separately.
10.30 - have a snack - usually cup of berries with cottage cheese and protein powder (whey) - I have slow/fast release protein post workout - then I have personal training clients or get to come home
12.30pm - lunch - often an omelette with sweet potato (frittata) or some form of protein and lots of salad and a starchy carb
1pm - housework and prepping dinner - I chop up all my vegetables and what protein we are having so it is ready to go when we come home.
3pm - have another snack - usually it's a massive bowl of veggie soup, some form of protein and a couple of rice cakes if I am super hungry
3.30pm after picking girls up from school/kindy we are off to after school care on the days I have personal training - from this time onwards until 6pm I am often training clients.
6pm - arrive home - baths, dinner (cooked whilst girls are in bath) with DH/girls; homework and reading.
8.30pm catch up with DH and watch some TV
9.30pm to bed after some quick thought about what I need to achieve the next day.

I'm very lucky that I can devote so much time to training/prep right now - though I would like to be able to work in my original profession (I am a pharmacist)!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow!!! I have missed heaps on your blog Liz!!!! I didn't realise you are a pharmacist!!!! Couldn't you be making $100,000 a year in that profession???

Nice knowing about your day....now when I look at the clock I can think, Liz would be doing this right now!!!

I hope you are feeling confident about your up-coming comp, you haven't mentioned much about it.

The photo of your little girl is gorgeous!!! I definately can see you in her!!!

I love asparagus too!! Yummo - I haven't had it in forever but I do love asparagus on toast with cheese grilled under the grill - yummy!!!!

Hope the outlaws aren't too much trouble!!!!

LizN said...

Hey Jodi,

Yes, I could be making that sort of money, but the pharmacy here doesn't want/need a locum...so I am stuck :)

Ahh - I'm a bit behind in my prep weight/bodyfat wise, but I am still motoring along. That drop will come very soon I hope with the hard work I have put in ;)

Big hugs
Liz;)

Sam D-M said...

Hey Liz,

you are a busy little bee!!!

your daughter is super cute :-)

you sound like you have it all organised, and its the only way to be!!

Hows the RPM going?

Sam