Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Risky Changes


The title of my post is called "Risky Changes", meaning that I am reflecting on the massive re workings I have made to my training regime over the past few months and whether there will be any significant difference when I compete again.

This morning I trained chest, legs and biceps and I'm teaching a Spin class this afternoon. I did my explosive leg training workout this morning - lots of plyo jumps, leaps and the like - a lot like Sam's plyo workouts actually. I've never really trained like this before and I approach it with a mixture of dread ("ouch, this is hard") and enjoyment ("wow, I can't believe I did it!"). However, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, so I think I am doing the right thing.

I'm feeling very much at peace with myself today (though we know in the Comp Prep world this can change at any minute). I am incredibly grateful for what I have achieved and feel that for me, the pressure is off - I "qualified" to go to Melbourne (and have a great holiday whilst I'm there) and I lost 33kg in the process - and that, due to all of my surgeries/skin problems, I will never be a top Figure Athlete. That doesn't mean that I will stop trying to improve my physique or symmetry - it is what is just is, if you get my drift. I'm so happy to get up there, enjoy myself and celebrate my achievements, as well as every other girl that makes the journey to compete - there is so much inspiration within the stories of others.

Time to keep training and to keep smiling, for life is good.

6 comments:

Em said...

Hi there Liz :)
Now i know i am no comp girl far from it, but i know what i like when i see it and i find reading your blog and checking out your progress pic's very inspiring :)
You are a mum of two kid's and you have the perkiest boobs and the flatest tummy i have ever seen and you have made me realize its possible for me to get there to :)
With lots of hard work and determination and honey you have them both in bucket loads:)
Keep up the great work hun!!
Em:)

RaeC said...

I think most of us competitors look at competing the way you do. I look at it as a fun way to celebrated and show off all my hard work. Like I said to one bodybuilder (Michelle Nazaroff's hubby)... I would get up and compete if there were no trophies!! Kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a competition, but you know what I mean... LOL!! xxx

Janew said...

Hi Liz, I think you look awesome in your progress pics! you should be very proud of yourself :)

keep on smiling..jane :)

Splice said...

Liz you are in a good place right now and I would love to be there too.
Im talking about you having qualified for AUssie titles and going to Mel for a great time (and to kick ass).
You transformation is one of the biggest I have seen and I have meet you in person. You have great drive and nothing will hold you down. Great place to be :-)

LizN said...

Hi Em, Rae, Deb and Jane - thanks so much for your support - it means buckets.

Hugs
Liz ;)

Andrea said...

Hey Liz,
Just remember that by being true to yourself and your goals you already are a top figure athlete - you managed to get up on that stage in the first place!
Andjxx