Saturday, August 19, 2006

How I prepare - rule 2

I've been reading about lots of different ways to prepare for a comp, including Josh's take on preparation which was really interesting.

I'm a little bit different - I am a number cruncher! I weigh myself every day. This has been useful for me determining how I react to carbs, salt etc and what happens during TOM, so I don't freak out when the scale says something I'm not expecting! I have been known to fluctuate by as much as six pounds after eating certain meals, so in my book, knowledge is power.

I also log my food intake religiously. Like David says in the LL book, you don't set off on an important journey without planning it first and concreting all the steps in the middle, so planning my intake really helps me.

I don't "re-invent" the wheel trying to come up with different and faster ways of getting the body fat off - I try to be very consistent most of the time. I also try to be intuitive. Using my tools I can almost 100% predict whether at a given time, I need more carbs, protein or fat which means I rarely overeat these days. Acknowledging though that it is 100% certain I will overeat in the future is also good to know, whether it be due to an emotional reason or simply because the food tastes so good at the time. We humans are wired to eat!

The key is to use the technique that works best for you!

Training yesterday:
Teach kickboxing class 60 mins; train shoulders, 15 minute run. + Plyo plie jumps - I don't know what possessed me to do a couple of sets of those, but I am sore today ;)

1 comment:

little rene said...

Wow Liz,
You really sound like you have got your s#@t together in terms of your approach to the whole weight loss thang!
I wish that I could be more pragmatic and less erratic in my approach! Unfortunately I am a bit "all or nothing"!
love
rene