Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Liz's comp prep rules - here is Number 1


Today I thought I would write about some more about my comp prep "rules". Firstly I spoke of the "Either/Or" scenario, borrowed from David Greenwalt and today I am writing about the "200, not 2000 calorie" rule.

What this rule is about is basically if you feel like you could eat the a**e out of a rhino and you've eaten all of your prescribed meals and the hunger is not going away, put in an extra 200 calorie meal of preferably clean, filling food. That way you will improve your "self regulation reserves" (ie your ability to think straight when it comes to eating - if self regulation reserves are low, this is where a body transformationist can come undone!). I am writing about this because it looks as if it may be that sort of day for yours truly here. My weapon of choice is fresh, ripe cherries - hence the photo!

I have really started to put the foot on the accelerator this week with some pleasing results - starting to get more quad separation and more definition between shoulders/triceps/biceps. By putting the foot on the accelerator I mean cleaner, less processed foods and 10 minutes of extra cardio on 5 days. Easy to achieve when you break it down!

Training today:
Run - "4 levels" run 45 mins

Chest training:
Bench Press: 5 x 12
Incline Bench Press: 4 x 12
Push ups : to failure
short and sweet!
Relaxed pose practice.

3 comments:

Splice said...

Now thats what I like to hear, seeing progress, quad seperation, definition and seperation through the shoulder/tri and biceps area. Very good Liz. You will come in looking even better then you did in April and you were nothing short of amazing there.

P.s. The cherries look mouth-watering!!

LizN said...

Thanks Deb and the cherries were delish!

Big hugs
Liz ;)

Sam D-M said...

Liz, such a good idea, thanks for that!

By the way, awesome transformation you are inspirational!

Sam D-M