Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another milestone!


This week has been full of little milestones. Today it is our tenth Wedding Anniversary! I don't think either of us would have thought it would have been such a ride, but here we are ten years laughter howling with laughter at the anniversary card I gave DH this morning - two fat hairy people telling each other that the magic hadn't gone...except the two of us look much different to that! Even though DH is not into fitness as such, he is still in good shape and I am now competing in Figure! Ten years has brought two gorgeous girls, nine moves and countless jokes about all sorts of things - we have nicknamed Woop Woop "Mordor"(Lord of the Rings) and DH's workplace "LV-426" (from the movie "Aliens" which was one of the first we saw together when we were dating in 1986! Yipes!).

In terms of training and comp prep, the last few days have been really positive. I've dropped a bit more in weight and am hot on Miss Splice's heels (or should I say great legs)! The Outlaws left yesterday (I may have already posted this ) and I've been busy today.

Today:
walk
teach Spin Class, then see PT client, then take Miss Georgia to see "Goldilocks".
pm: 10 minute run, back, hamstring and bicep training.
Narrow grip pull down 4 x10
Wide grip row 4 x10
Hyperextensions 4 x 10 (weighted)
DB deadlifts (heavy) 4 x10
Leg curl (heavy) 4 x10
DB row 4 x10
Hammer curl 3 x10

3 comments:

Splice said...

LOL Liz, with comments like that, your going to push me harder ;-) I love it!!
Great news that you have dropped more BF, this only increases your confidence and makes you work even harder towards your goal.
I really enjoy reading your blog and knowing how your doing and todays post is positive and simply awesome.

P.s. We must have gotten married in the same year. My hubby and I celebrated our tenth year late March of this year.
Congratulations there too :-)

LizN said...

Thanks Deb! You gotta enjoy those positive days because today I am suffering from an attack of the dreaded carb monster! Guess who is having scrambled eggs on grainy toast for afternoon tea :)

Hugs
Liz :)

Ali said...

Hope you had a wonderful wedding anniversary!! Overall liz it sounds like you are doing great, have an awesome weekend and keep up your great work!

Ali xxx