Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Get a grip!


Sometimes I need to remind myself to "get a grip" when I start awfulizing about how bad this place is or how hard being in action is or just how hard I find the aspects of posing and routine, especially the routine! How do I change from feeling shy to go-get-em tiger? Practised routine today and I visualize Jo giving me all of these little cues - it was a bit better today but still needs lots of work!

Training today:
walk, teach spinning class...
elliptical 10 min warm up

Chest/abs/biceps
Incline dumbbell press/flyes giant set 4 sets
Pec deck 4 x 10
BOSU push ups with varied hand placement 4 x 12
Ball crunch 4 x10
Ab roll out to plank on ball 4 x 30 sec
Dumbbell bicep curl 3 x10
Preacher barbell curl 2 x10 (kicked out of gym because bingo was on :( ) Who ever heard of having bingo in a gym?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

YOu've done it before and you can do it again Liz. Think back to the last time and remember all of the things you did to get up there then. Remeber fluid movements. Did you ever end up having a look at that New York City Ballet DVD?

Bug's Mumma said...

I can totally relate to the routine issues! I'm struggling with a few of the turns that Jo's put in mine, but at least I'm seeing her Sunday week so I can iron out those little problems. And like Andrea said - you've done it before and you can do it again!

xo

Splice said...

It sucks how something always has to creep in and put doubts in our heads.
One day we are happy with nutrition but posing is a problem. Next day posing is great but body is a problem ie. bloeated or something.
I think this is just part of the process, perhaps we need these little stresses to help keep us on our toes.
You will be fine because I saw your last routine and it was execellent!!

LizN said...

Hi girls! Thanks for the comments. I haven't had a chance to see the DVD Andj but would like to.

Deb, yes, think the moments of self doubt then the dizzying highs are all part and parcel of the prep!

Alicia, enjoy your time with Jo and say hi to her for me ;)

Liz N