Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Outlaws

Today I am preparing from a visit from my Inlaws, except in this family, I call them "The Outlaws" - I borrowed the term from a former employer who used to call her in laws the same name. We've had our ups and downs, but for the most part we tend to rub along together OK. I am doing a bit of a cookup and have made my red curry and chicken meatballs and now am onto my Ethiopian Berbere. I'm also making a chicken and mushroom casserole which should be quite nice and still a pretty clean meal, despite a little sour cream sneaking its' way into things. I'm going to try 1/2 sour cream and half EasiYo yoghurt to lighten it up even more.

Training today:
walk in the freeze
Teach Spin class

RT - Back/triceps
Chin ups 4 x6, varying grips
Med grip pull down to the front 4 x12
Leg Extension 4 x15 (fast)
Seated narrow row: 4 x 10 (heavy)
Leg Curl: 4x 20 (fast)
High Cable Pulls (the closest I can get to a cable, but never mind) 3 x 12
BOSU chair squats, 3 x20, floor squat 1 x 20 (+3kg)
Bodyweight dips: 8, 7, 6, 6
Full tricep extension on Smith machine - I borrowed this exercise from the latest Muscle and Fitness Hers and it is a beauty - 1 x 10, 1 x 8
Overhead Tricep Extension 3 x 10
Stretch!

2 comments:

Ali said...

All the food that you’re cooking up sounds so yummy!! Isn’t yoghurt great stuff to use as a substitute :)

Good luck with your in-laws.

Liz, I am really liking the spin classes, My gym don't have the Les Mills one they have chosen to keep them instructor choreographed, I think they are addictive.

have a great week!!

Ali xxx

Bug's Mumma said...

Good luck with the outlaws! I'm staying with mine when I go to Melbourne in 2 weeks time :( Should be interesting as they dont understand the whole "comp" concept and seem to think that I'm starving myself coz I've lost so much weight.

By the way - I saw a receptionists job advertised for Fitness First at Fortitude Valley......so I applied! Just want to get my foot into the door.

xo