Tuesday, August 15, 2006

If you needed convincing about the power of strength training


I cannot believe that I am posting this "before" photo. I weigh about 64kg in it and this is after I have lost a good 20kg. I'm sure all the readers out there in Blogland are appreciating the fact I am not publishing those "befores". It's just to illustrate the power of strength training - I'm a completely different "shape" after focusing more on resistance training and less on cardio (though as many know, I do love a good blow-out ;) )

Training today:
walk
run 10 mins, teach Spin class 45min
Shoulders/abs
Military press 4 x10 (heavy)
Ab plank on ball with feet on medicine ball - 3 sets for as long as I could
Bent arm Lateral raise/straight arm lateral raise combo: 4 x 10/6
Over the top ball crunch 4 sets
Upright BOSU row - 4 x10 (heavy)
Pilates - hundreds/bicycles/single leg stretch/double leg stretch 4 sets
Shoulder scoops 4 x 10
Cobras 2 lots....

5 comments:

Bug's Mumma said...

Wow Liz - you have done really well. I'm sure your pic will give plenty of people motivation to get off their butt and start training!

xo

Splice said...

You are an inspiration to us all.
Thank you for posting your picture. I knew you had lost alot of weight but it great to see part of that process.
Liz, you are a star!!
Your beautiful little ones must be amazed at the difference in you and not to mention all your friends and other family members.

xx

Splice said...

You are an inspiration to us all.
Thank you for posting your picture. I knew you had lost alot of weight but it great to see part of that process.
Liz, you are a star!!
Your beautiful little ones must be amazed at the difference in you and not to mention all your friends and other family members.

xx

LizN said...

Aww thanks Deb and Alicia, I had no idea the photo was buried in my hard drive and got such a shock! Now when I have my moments of uncertainty I can look at that pic and say "wow, I have come so far" and that every training session is a blessing.

Hugs
Liz ;)

Janew said...

Hi Liz,Im fairly new to blogging and just wanted to say that I think you are also an inspiration to us all.Its so great to see so many gals out there training (and with weights I might add)!
Keep up the amazing work!
Jane :)