Sunday, April 29, 2007

Girl gets nothing done!

Agggh, today I am wondering why I named my blog "Girlgetsitdone" because it feels like over the past day or two I have done nothing at all.

On Friday I came down with a heavy cold and yesterday I suffered a cracker of a migraine. I've been relatively migraine free this year but this was a doozy. Today I have nursed a post migrainous sore head and continued to work through this cold.

DH decided to take us out for lunch at the local pub. I think I had the worst steak I've ever encountered in my life and when I asked for steamed vegetables on the side, the waitress told me that they'd never been asked for vegetables before and that they didn't have any. Oh well, small changes add up :)

So now I'm feeling headachey, fat, sinusey and altogether of unpleasant disposition. I'd sure be a hot date :)

On a much brighter note I am looking forward to hearing about how Di, Alicia, Deb and Tracey rock the INBA show in Brisbane today...you go girls!

9 comments:

Nic said...

Hi Liz,
Hope your feeling better. It is frustrating for those of us who lead such busy lives and do a million things a day to get struck down by illness but we all need to rest sometimes. Take care,
Nic

LizN said...

Thanks Nic! I'm slowly on the path back to the living!

Hugs
Liz ;)

Flea said...

Oh that's awfull to hear, I had one hovering and luckily nothing much came of it. I hope you feel much better every minute now. All the best with the big move lying ahead for you, maybe your body is telling you it needs a break?

bev said...

Hey Liz
I can totally relate to where your at.I've had the flu now for a week or two and trying to not let it stop me but it won. It is very frustrating isnt it.We dont have time to be sick and we dont deserve it cos we are trying our hardest to be fit and healthy.
You will be back into it all soon.Take care

Bev

Splice said...

Hey Liz!
Hope your feeling better today.
Hugs,
Debs!
P.s. Thanks for your support.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, Liz! I'm sure it's all of the moving stress and whatnot. Plus you probably needed a break. :-) Hang in there! ((hugs))

ms_attitude said...

Hope you're well and truly recovered by now! I've just had the worst hit of the lurgy too, which is luckily abating.
So how is the packing going?
Hope all goes well
Caroline

Em said...

I hope you are feeling better hun :)
I caught a cold off my germy DD ever since kinder she has been bringing everything home LOL
Em:)

Health Watch Center said...

Hello Lizn,

I am new here, wanted to say hi. I hope you are doing fine now...

You have an interesting blog on fitness, thanks for sharing...

One more new reader of your blog.
Fitness Health Zone