Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rolling with the punches

It's been one of those weekends where life just hasn't fallen into place the way that I would have liked. It started on Friday when I picked up my car from the mechanic's - I drove it home no problems, but when I pulled into the driveway it made this horrible grinding sound - then all of a sudden I couldn't get it into gear - apparently the part they replaced for me originally disintegrated - I have never heard of something like this happening before! DH told me that apparently they weren't "well regarded" in the town. I'm just the biggest sucker. Anyway, they towed the car away and promised to deliver it home on Saturday. This, of course, didn't happen. I didn't stress about it too much but Miss G has been unwell. I decided to check out her throat and met possibly the worst case of tonsillitis I have ever seen. We had no sleep last night.

Then I decided to call the local hospital to try and get some antibiotics for Miss G. I came down at the time they requested and I met a very frazzled lady in the car park. She was the locum doctor who had been flown in. I introduced myself as the locum pharmacist and she told me that she was majorly stressed out because she had to deliver a premature baby, that they'd had to get the Royal Flying Doctors in to airlift Mum and bub to Brisbane and that her background was not in Obstetrics, rather she is an oncology registrar. I felt so sorry for her and feel angry that resident doctors are sent out to these postings, having to handle these situations to the best of their experience which can be limited depending on where they are in their grad rotations. She was such a nice lady and I hope everyone got away safe and sound. Anyway I organized some penicillin for Miss G, rang the pharmacist owner at home and have started her on it. One of her tonsils is so large it is almost taking up her entire throat! It looks like a day of icecream for her.

Exercise wise for me it has been close to nada. I walked the long way to work yesterday (40 minutes) but have done nothing today. I couldn't think about getting up at 5.30am when I had finally got Miss G off at 4.30am. I love being organized and hate these little glitches - but that is all part of life. The main thing is that I no longer raid the fridge for solace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not long to go now until you move back home, I bet you're all counting down the days. ;o)

I hope Miss G is feeling a little bit better today Liz. :o)

Lia xo

Miss Positive said...

Poor Miss G... I was a chronic tonsillitis sufferer when I was a kid - seems I had it every couple of months. Hopefully the drugs have started to kick in and she's feeling better.

Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!

Hilary xx

Kek said...

A day of ice cream? Gee, a child's worst nightmare! ;-)

Hope things improve all around for the rest of the week.

LizN said...

Thanks Lia, Kek and Hilary!

I cannot believe I'm writing this but I became totally over icecream when I had my wisdom teeth out. I'm a big icecream fan, well after Koko Black of course ;)

Hugs
Liz:)