Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Flat out!



Arrrgh I always feel like I get super busy when I move - it's like a big truck starting to rumble slowly downhill. You get on the slope and it's like...whoa! Things are moving fast. I love this expression, even though I don't drink as such. I'm putting it in for Lesley, because it is so hilariously Aussie.

I am experiencing super DOMS again from Cathe's Chest and Tricep workout and this morning I tried the original Bodymax workout from the late 90s. I had heard that it is harder than Body max 2. It took awhile to get going but once it did, it was awesome. Despite being filmed some time ago, it's aged fairly gracefully. It is amazing how workout fashions change! It's also proof positive how you get better as you get older in the muscularity department. Don't get me wrong, Cathe looks great, but I think she looks even better these days! That's why I admire all the Master's women who compete - they are most definitely my favourite division. Not long to go until I'm in that category!

I also got in an hour's walk this morning, which was great to clear my mind. Usually I learn my Les Mills choreo when I go on these walks and because we are due for launches as soon as I get back, I'm going to keep walking! I'm hoping to squeeze in some back and shoulder work this afternoon.

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my little "diet" rant. The more I work with people, the more it's becoming obvious to me how destructive the whole scenario can be and I want to be a good role model for everyone I come into contact with.

2 comments:

Ali said...

That was an awesome post about dieting Liz.

I bet you are looking forward to going home to Brissy, I so admire you for working out no matter what, latly I've become quite dependent on the gym for my workouts.

take care and have a great weekend,

meant to say a few posts back, they are great pics of you and your girls :)

Alixxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move, Liz! I know that's something you've wanted for some time now. :-) And I love your philosophy on dieting - it is so much less guilt-inducing than the popular media models!