Friday, February 23, 2007

Sore glutes!

Well the old DOMS has crept up on me from Core Synergistics yesterday. I woke up this morning, rolled over in bed and it was a case of "hello glutes, how the heck did you get so sore?" I wasn't expecting glute DOMS and certainly not of this severity!

This morning I managed to do RPM34 in its entireity! I think that it is one of the best releases Les Mills have put out in a long time - I really like the big gear focus of the time trial and Track Seven is an absolute cracker. I followed up with p90X Stretch X. I must say that I don't enjoy this one as much as Yoga X (I cannot believe I am stringing "yoga" and "enjoy" in the same sentence). I also received Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme in the post today and I am hoping that the workout is of the intensity that is going to leave me feeling thoroughly pasted! There is nothing worse than getting your hopes up about the intensity of something, only to have it dashed when you actually do the workout.

I'm still leafing through my PN. I am enjoying Berardi's slant on nutrition and timing for superior athletic performance and the way he writes resonates with the way I think about nutrition - that it can be used to improve performance and feelings of well being. I picked up some cashews, walnuts and pecans today as Berardi is keen on nuts. I plan on adding these good fats into my diet a bit more and see what the effect is. It will be interesting to plug some stats into my Leanness Lifestyle journal. Whilst LL is fantastic for body fat loss, I think it's even more potent with more attention paid to nutrition and peak performance.

This post has turned into quite a ramble. No more luck on the accommodation front and DH is off to South Africa on Monday. I think I may be better off staying put for a few weeks and see what develops. I've been given strict instructions to tape "Lost", "Desperate Housewives", "Heroes" and "Battlestar Galactica". I loved the old version of it and I'm really not too sure about Starbuck turning into a female.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Nuts YUM YUM!!! i love nuts as well and we do underestimate the goodness of them Will be interesting the effects they have to your condition, you will have to keep us posted.

Good luck with finding new accommodation and hope your hubby has time to enjoy bing in South Africa.

have a wonderful weekend before he goes!!

Alixx

RaeC said...

It sounds like you have got some challenges coming up with the move, but I have every faith in you that you will handle it all and then some!!

I hope you find accomodation soon honey and that it will be one less thing on your mind. I do love the "BMW" post earlier... I've never heard of that before.

Fitness and exercise have been proven to help when people are feeling depressed and even Doctors are now suggesting those people who suffer from clinical depression include it in their lives. Just remember that when you are next feeling down and don't feel like exercising. If you can actually push past the "Don't wanna's" and get started, you'll be feeling so much better after you get it done.

Keep up the awesome training honey. You have done so well with it even though you've been out in "Woop Woop" and so far away from the gym.

I am so proud of you and the effort you have put in to keeping up your fitness lifestyle and building muscle despite all the challenges living in a town with no gym (a competitor's version of the song "Pub With No Beer"... LOL!!) xxx

jodie said...

Hey Liz, sounds like you are still steaming ahead with your workouts. I hope you can find accommodation soon for your move.
Jodie
xx