Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm still on the self acceptance theme...

I am still obviously on the self acceptance theme - as Tony Horton says, "do your best and forget the rest." It is a good reminder to me to put my best effort into the here and now, rather than looking behind at the past with regret or looking too much towards the future.

Today I did Kenpo X again and followed this up with a 35 minute run. I am finding that suddenly my running has improved. That is a nice feeling! I am trying to pack in the running as DH is going to South Africa for a month to do a Management Development Program. We all looked into going and as the airfares for the three of us were just over $5000, we decided to give it a miss. I cannot believe I will have the full run of the house to myself. This has happened a fair bit in our married life. I really enjoy it at first and then after a week or so, I find myself getting really bored and lonely. I told him that doing this to me in Woop Woop would just about send me off the planet, so if I am still coherent in a month's time, give me a big tick.

I went to morning tea as planned with my prepped meal- it turned out that there were quite a lot of women there who didn't want to load up on cheesecake and gateaux. I can never fathom why employer sponsored events assume we sit at home going for the junk food. My cut up fruit and Latte Slim Secrets bar fitted the bill nicely. Then it was home to a salad of turkey and cut up veggies with raspberry vinegar dressing. I am seriously addicted to raspberry vinegar! I buy the no-sugar variety and sweeten it with a little Splenda. I am going to cook chicken marinated in pesto tonight and team it with tomato puree, veggies and high protein pasta.

That's about all for now :)

6 comments:

Flea said...

Hello Liz, visiting via Kek's today.
What can I say but Wow!! I am in the process of trying to change my body to what I have been, that's now before 3 pregnancies, actually I was still happy after 2 pregnancies but then after the 3rd when I was in my 30's nothing wanted to 'bounce' back into shape. I did my Cert 3/4 PT in 2001 but stopped working in that capacity in 2002. I worked and learned heaps from (late) Lou Barry a well known Australian body builder.

Any how, don't wanna talk about me, just want to congratulate you on your achievements, it's fantastic you look beautifull and fit.
I hope your hubby enjoy the beauty of South Africa!!

LizN said...

Hello Hann!

Thanks for your lovely comments. Pregnancy is tough isn't it? Unfortunately I was never one of those lucky people to be back in my jeans six weeks after delivering.

I see you come from South Africa. Hubs is from Durban originally - has been here for 20 years but still has the accent. He'll be amazing after going back for a month :)

Hugs
Liz N

jodie said...

Great posts Liz, you are such an inspiration...

Bug's Mumma said...

where do you get the raspberry vinegar dressing from? i'm starting to get really bored with my eating already :D ps - lurve the pic from the QLD show last year xo

Magda said...

Hi Liz,

thanks again for posting on the self-acceptance theme. I also struggle with past regrets but am doing it less often now. And as for the future, well there's the unknown of doing comp prep for the first time and all that to deal with so I'm just trying to deal with one day at a time.

Reading other figure girls' blogs helps heaps too.

Hope you are ok during your month of "solitary". Take care.

Magda

Maraina said...

Hi Liz,

I've finally caught up with the mammoth of activities you've done over the past week. As always you submit some great stories. I so love the muffin recipe. I will try them on the weekend. Keep up the brilliant work!

Maraina