Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Somebody stop me


Don't you just love my cute little squatting man - it's amazing how well bands and balls can work when you don't have lots of iron to pump!
Today's workout was p90x - Legs and Back which involved wall squats (ack!) followed by a 25minute run. It was pretty hot and sticky but it felt really good. Miss G has another swimming lesson today so it is another opportunity to smack some laps out at the pool.
I'm off to prep some vegetables. I am clueless about what is on the table for dinner tonight, but I do know this - vegetables will be involved!

7 comments:

Janew said...

working out with the ball and bands are great Liz!! cute little man you got going there :)

have a veg-tastic day!!
Jane :)

Splice said...

LOL...where did you find that? It's great.
You are so motivating you know that????
Deb

Kek said...

Ooh, I love bands & balls, I use them a lot with clients who don't have much (or any) equipment.

I also love my Reebok step. I can devise varied and truly evil tortures with just that one piece of equipment. Well worth the stupid price I paid for it!

Spartze said...

Hey Liz :) just popped in to see how you were going. Your little man is funny. Enjoy your vegies!

RaeC said...

He's fantastic!! Love your blog Liz... nothing but great things to report here, hey!!

Your workouts and training are going awesome... keep it up girl xxx

redcat said...

Hi Liz! I though I'd reply to your question about KenpoX here. When I did P90X, I substituted a variety of things for this workout. (I also found it a bit lacking in the intensity department...) I used Cathe's KPC (which I didn't really like, either, and have since sold), Michael Olijide's Aerobox (First Flight, short but intense), Powerstrikes 1 and 2, and Aaron Lankford's Powerkicks.

Ooo, and I love your wall squatting man!

-- Lesley

LizN said...

Hi everyone!

I'm going to search for more gif images - that one was fun ;)

Thanks for the encouragement Rae, Katie, Deb and Jane :)

Lesley - I have heard mixed things about the Powerstrikes so I may try and source them on the swap. I have KPC but found the intensity too low from memory.

Kerryn - I'm even sicker than you - I have two Reebok steps!

Cheers
Liz :)