Friday, February 02, 2007

Back Workout!

Back into Week Two of p90x with Back and Chest today. I am pleased to say that I really "brought it" this morning and my heart rate was getting up there doing multiple rounds of pull ups and push ups. Basic, but really effective!

Unfortunately I locked myself out of the house today and spent most of Miss G's precious Kindy time sorting out how to get back inside the house, rather than doing my cardio! Oh well, I have to chalk that one up to a bit of bad luck. I went to the local coffee place and shouted myself a hot chocolate instead. Of course made with skim milk and chocolate granules it was not like one of those superb hot chocolates that come from Koko Black, but it hit the spot! It's cold, wet and rainy here - a welcome change from the 40+ temperatures which are commonplace in February. In fact I'm thinking TOM must be around the corner as I'm craving chocolate and coffee!

Tomorrow's plan involves Plyo X and probably a nice long walk if the weather has cleared. Sunday will be Shoulders and Arms and then next week with Miss G at Kindy for 3 days per week, I can finally start upping the ante on the cardio again. It's always a bit of a juggling act with small children in the house, but keeping fit is a non negotiable sanity saver for me!

1 comment:

Em said...

I couldn't agree more with you hun, small kids are a juggling act! But you do it verry well, look at how far you have come :)
I can't wait to get back into my exercise i hate to say it i even miss cardio (but don't tell anyone LOL) Keeping fit and healthy is definantly a sanity saver!! But whats so wonderfull is the flow on effect that you get after burning it up at the gym or out in the fresh air, it always seems to set you up for a great day but also you are leading a good example for your family :) And thats what i want to do!!
Have a fantastic weekend:)
Em:)