Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Maintenance and Thinking Big!


I threw this photo of this well equipped gym to remind me that they exist!
Today I woke up to a pleasant scale surprise telling me that I'm well on the way to nudging off my holiday excesses. What I am finding is that I seem to be getting away with eating more than I did when I took action to prepare for the figure comps last year. I know the science behind the metabolic effect of increased lean body mass is cloudy - from what I've read, an increase in LBM doesn't have as bigger effect as initially thought. Basically I don't know the reason for the change, but it's really nice to be able to eat more! I've also purposely started adding in more good carbohydrate and consequently I have been able to really kick some butt with the workouts I've been doing.
I did Kenpo X yesterday which is a martial arts styled workout - lots of drills etc. I didn't feel completely "smashed" after it (which is what I would prefer - yes I know I am a sick puppy). Made a note to push it harder next week. I also swam 1km (mixed strokes) whilst the girls had some swimming lessons and went for an easy run/walk this morning.
I have been really inspired by Rae's post about her Olympia aspirations and her determination and will to achieve it. I think that if you can believe, you can do it! Which got me thinking to my whole life shebang and what makes me inspired.....
My dream is one of coaching - to be a great motivator and inspiration to those people I meet - whether it be teaching RPM, counselling a patient or personal training. My goal is to be an outstanding mentor and coach! I want to use my knowledge and deliver the science in ways that others understand and are excited by. I want to be seen as someone who "walks the walk" as well as "talks the talk" in everything I do. I want to get my feet dirty :)
I'm ready to work on my dream :)

10 comments:

little rene said...

Good for you Liz!

I think knowing what you want to achieve is one of the biggest steps toward achieving your goals.

Best of luck :)

Em said...

What an inspiring post hun, i could feel the drive and determination as i read thtrough it:)
I reckon you are already a fnatstic motivator, especially for me :) Not only have you been there done that but you have been so wonerfull in sharing all of the ups and downs in such an open way that i love:)
I have learnt alot rom you and i reckon when i am back into i will be learning heaps more that i can put into practise:)
Have a great week hun.
Em:)

LizN said...

Thanks Rene and Em for your comments, they mean a lot :)

Liz :xox

jodie said...

I think you are already a great motivator and inspirer Liz. You are a shining example. You are living your dream, its just a matter of how big you want to live it!!

Janew said...

Hello Liz :) Great post!I think that you are already living your dream by sharing your world with us in blog land!you are already a very motivational and supportive person.
Go to it Liz!!! dream bigger dreams and reach all your goals that you set for yourself :)

have fun Jane :-D

Ali said...

You’re already incredibly
inspirational Liz!!!

What a great post!

Sure is good to have dreams and goals all the very best with achieving this one of yours, I am sure you will

Alixx

Jadey said...

Liz, you are gorgeous! Love that photo of you honey, hope you are doing well, nice to have you back blogging! I am reading, just have not been blogging!

Love you lots - jadey xx

Superchic-happy and healthy said...

Nice post!! Also, awesome before and afters on OCBwebsite. Wow!! MY BF seems to be amazed at how much he can get away with this year as well as compared to last year, but now I think he went a little overboard and gain a few pounds. He's decided to cut back again now....hehehe

Tosha

LizN said...

Thanks Tosha, Jodie, Jane, Ali and Jadey! I really appreciate the support!

Kek said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Liz! Love your blog. :)

Still haven't got through all the PN stuff. I'm working on it....