Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day One on the "X"


Today I started my "Extreme Home Fitness" program p90x. Today's workout was Chest and Back - essentially supersetting pull ups and push ups in circuit style for about 45 minutes. There were lots of variations on these moves eg divebomber style push ups, diamond push ups and the like. It requires a pull up tower, but I modified this by using two chairs and a body bar and pulled myself from a lying position on the floor, which was still a good workout!
Eating has been pretty good - had a friend for morning tea this morning and rather than run up against my evil baking monster, decided to do a plate of egg and lettuce sandwiches, accompanied by a bowl of cherries. If it is to be it is up to me :)

5 comments:

RaeC said...

Excellent work my girl and thanks so much for your support with my dream :o)

I am hoping so badly for you to get to the October Nationals, would love to catch up with you again!!

Love what you did with the morning tea... because of the fuss I created over no healthy choices, half the food of every function put on by work is now healthy choices... yesterday's afternoon tea even contained FRUIT!! LOL!! Keep training hard hon!! xxx

Maraina said...

Hey Supermum,

Excellent posts. It's so good to catch up on my favourite gals and to hear how great guns everyone is doing.

I'm excited to hear about your new adventures. I can't believe your training! Can I have some of that energy-juice!

Keep up the fantastic work. You will 'shine' in whatever you put heart into.

Maraina
xxx

LizN said...

Hi Rae and Maraina,

Thanks for popping in.

Maraina are you going to be blogging again - I'll restore you to my links :)

Hugs
Liz ;)

Maraina said...

Hi Liz,

I am not blogging and I'm not certain when or if I ever will be. At present I'm staying kaput and very happy to dart in and out of my fav blogs when I have the time.

I will not be competing in any more commpetitions but I remain in close contact with the other gals from the Sunshine Coast who are.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been taking latin dance lessons (dancing is a passion of mine). Though my course is 11 weeks I plan to advance to the next classes and dance my way to the top by the end of the year. Even teach perhaps?

Next month I begin a short course at Sunshine Coast TAFE. After that I hope to begin Pole Dancing. There's a lady on the Coast who teaches pole dancing and it sounds like fun (and a lot hard work)! I may even ask Di to go with me as we onced chatted about it last year.

In the meantime it's wonderful to read the exciting stuff about you. I wish you nothing but the best!

Maraina
xx

PS. Your pics (profile and colour) are gorgeous!

LizN said...

Thanks Maraina,

I think you would be awesome at Latin dancing. I would love to take up dancing one day, think it would be so much fun. I wasn't really sure if I would compete this year either :)

Big hugs
Liz :)