Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm back and so is Serena!

I was very excited to see Serena Williams win through to the Australian Semis today - so many people have written her off as being out of condition (which compared with this pic she is), but I have really been inspired by her self belief and positive mindset. I guess the lesson that has been reinforced is that you can do anything you set your mind to.

I have a feeling that with all the external whirlwind that is happening around me that I will be able to compete in October. I have been looking at having a tummy tuck, but if I choose to compete will delay it until December, which I am happy with. My plan is to do the p90x program which is extremely high volume which is exactly what I need right now, to put a good foundation in place so I can really put the foot on the accelerator come July. I am also going to be continuing my RPM training in the Bolthole and working on my pelvis/lower limb function as well. I will have glutes like bowling balls come October!

I had a wonderful holiday in Mooloolaba except for a late migraine, but these have improved out of sight since starting on some related medication. I was getting them nearly every week, so one only is a real blessing. I ate way too many calamari rings which points me into strong action for a few weeks. Better to nip the weight gain in the bud now than have to deal with too much excess.

6 comments:

Janew said...

Hey Liz! thats great you had such a good holiday :)
good to see you back!

jane :)

LizN said...

Nice to see you too, girls ;)

Hugs
Liz ;)

Tracey said...

Yes indead, welcome back Liz. I see you had a well deserved break, mmm calamari!!

Which comp are you aiming for in October? My first one for this year will be the INBA on the 29 April but I might also go in the WNBF one on the 22 April as well, will see how things are going. In October I will be aiming for the INBA one and possibly either ANB or WNBF.

Splice said...

Hey Liz,
That's great news about you competing in October.
You have plenty of time to prepare and I will enjoy reading and hearing all about it.
Deb

Em said...

YAY Liz is back!!! *happy dance*
Honey i can't wait to see those glutes when your finished, do you think you can send a pair my way LOL
I wish you all the best with your plans hun, keep us posted with your tummy tuck i would love to know how you go because i was seriously thinking of sugery after i have finished having children because my weightloss has resulted in extra skin not to mention boobs going south LOL
You have worked so hard to get to where you are now and i think you deserve the best:)
You are a huge inspiration to me:)
Have a great week hun.
Em:)

Meghan said...

LOL, glutes like bowling balls! I love that description! :D