Monday, January 29, 2007

Back on the Bike


Today was Day Five of p90x, back and legs which involved lots of unweighted leg exercises (my favourite) and pull ups. I again modified these to start from lying and hope to progress to straight leg and then finally on a medicine ball. However that progression will probably take a little bit. Then I did RPM 33 in my study which got a tad uncomfortable, with the thermometer nudging 35 degrees at 9am. Yuck!
Consequently I am starving today :) However pushing it hard on the bike felt terrific! I felt strong and powerful (must be that extra weight!).
Hmm what else? I'm looking into doing post grad studies in Exercise Physiology when I get back home amongst other things. I have been perusing the CEC requirements for my Cert 3 and 4 and have covered most of these topics in my degree, though doing some CE will be a good refresher. I thought that if I was to do more study, I wanted the course to have "some teeth". I have also considered Dietetics. I also need to do some Pharmacy CE. It's something to pass the time.

5 comments:

jodie said...

35 at 9am, man that's hot! Good luck with the study.

Sara said...

Hi Liz,

I've been lurking on your blog for a while, soaking up the inspiration, and would like to email you about one of your areas of expertise (sacro-iliac joint dysfuction). Could you please email me?
sara.lake@sana-direct.co.nz

Thankyou!

LizN said...

Hi Jodie, Big waves at you :) Yeah, it is disgusting up here :) Average January and Feb temps are 44 degrees. Thank goodness part of the house is air conditioned!

Hugs
Liz :)

Hi Sara,

Welcome, I'm going to shoot you an email now :)

Cheers
Liz N

Ali said...

MY googness taht is HOT!!

You must have been a tad wet after that RPM class :)

Good luck with your study and thanks for the lovely comments on my blog ;)

have a wonderful day,

Alixx

Splice said...

You are already a wealth of knowledge Liz :-)
Imagine what you will be like after even more qualifications under your belt.
Go for it!
Debs