Sunday, January 28, 2007

Humbled by yoga!


Today's workout on the p90x program was "Yoga X" - a mixture of sequences, standing balance work, flexibility work and abdominal work. Ninety minutes of pure hell, basically because I could not believe how inflexible I am in certain areas! It was my first ever yoga DVD and only my third ever yoga workout - this is something I obviously need to work on - development of strength whilst in positions of stretch. As Alwyn Cosgrove says "muscles are dumb" - meaning they can't differentiate between whether fatigue is caused by pumping iron or using your own bodyweight. It is certainly food for thought and I'm keenly watching Meghan's journal to see how she goes with Turbulence Training.
Eating has been pretty good, though I still have this tendency to pick at things whilst I prepare them - I am consciously working at eating extra and avoiding the trolling - that way the eating picture is far more accurate!
Girls back at school and kindy tomorrow. I am looking forward to spending some time by myself :) Well a few hours anyway!

3 comments:

RaeC said...

Holy Dooley... look at you go!! I am hearing you with the yoga thing... I found the entire experience excruciating... LOL!! I had places sore I didn't know could get sore!! Sounds like you are going great guns xxx

LizN said...

Hey Rae,

Thanks for dropping in. THis yoga business is another challenge I obviously must face :)

Hugs
Liz ;)

Splice said...

Hi Liz,
I have been thinking about giving yoga a go.
I will have to try it at least once to experience it and understand it better.
Keep up the great work.
Deb