Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Caning the bike!

Today was p90x Back and Legs - week 3 - I cannot believe I have only one more workout to go and then the recovery week. It's a shame it's stuck in here, because I feel like I'm just hitting my straps now so I may have to go running a bit more next week.

I also went for my usual morning walk and then came home to give my bike a good thrashing doing RPM33. I was a dripping mess by the time I had finished and had to disinfect and towel the bike down thoroughly afterwards.

I decided it was time to initiate my Woop Woop beauty regime and went for a couple of rounds with the old Waxeeze. I reckon I could have started reforesting the Amazon by the time I had finished. A coat of aloe vera from the fridge and voila, "maintained" for another month. I was reading an interesting post over at a forum I frequent on how much money they spent on their personal grooming per month. I spend the most on my hair and after that, I'm a strictly do-it-yourself kinda gal - after all I would rather spend my money on a Polar Heart Rate Monitor than a facial :)

5 comments:

Bug's Mumma said...

LOL I was just tallying up the other day how much I spend each month on nails, waxing, hair and makeup (I dont do facials!) - it was a lot of $$$$. But there's nooooo way I'd be doing the waxing myself! xo

Kek said...

God no! I pay someone else to inflict tortue by wax on me! Everything else, I pretty much do myself though. Which translates to: I really don't do a lot....

Janew said...

Hey Liz!Sounds like you really on top of your training :) Thats so cool you have your own spin bike! what brand is it?when I move to QLD I want to get some cardio machines myself and I was thinking a spin bike would be good to have!

Yes we can spend alot on ourselves but hey why not!! we put in all this hard work so its nice to pamper ourselves..not sure waxing is pampering but you know what I mean ;)

*smiles* Jane

LizN said...

Hi Kek, Jane and Alicia!

I would go to a salon, except the local beautician is DH's PA's mother. I don't want her giving me a Brazilian! This town is too small.

Jane I have a Star Trac V Bike. They are around the 2000.00 mark, but worth the investment.

Hugs
Liz ;)

liz said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You look great by the way! Ooh, and I love the pics!