Monday, February 12, 2007

Bolder shoulders!

Today was Week 3, Day 3 - shoulders and arms - definitely my favourite workout of the current p90x bunch! I upped my weights again for shoulders - I'm doing pretty well despite the high volume, which is not my forte and I'm loving how pumped up my biceps feel afterwards. I followed this up with a 15 minute run.

I've had Miss S home from school today with a neck strain, so it's 100km down a bumpy road (she will love that!) to the physio. She really loves making things so we made fruitsalad and inspired by KEK, we made protein enriched raspberry and apple muffins. I'll post a pic later on and give the exact ratios. I added in Soy Fibre as well which I've never tried before. Miss S wondered why protein powder was going into the recipe as well as several egg whites. They taste quite nice, a little chewy - our biggest mistake was not to spray the muffin papers because a lot of the muffins stuck it it. Oh well!

The kangaroo lasagna turned out really well - I used 4 Vetta large lasagna sheets, onion, garlic, Dolmio Smooth Bolognese sauce, low fat ricotta cheese (which I spread onto the lasagna sheets rather than bechamel sauce) and for the topping - half a cup of low fat mozzarella and 250ml skim milk mixed with 2 tbsp flour to thicken. Oh, I forgot - 500g kangaroo mince! The stats are 305cals 28.5 carbs 32g protein and 7g fat.

2 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Mmmm those muffins sound nice, I have tried to make protein muffins before but they always come out like tasteless little rocks!

I love shoulder workouts too, I feel like you can see the results fairly quickly, which is probably why I like them!

Hilary xx

Janew said...

Good work on the shoulder sessions Liz!!

sounds like you are having a great time cooking! all sounds very yummy!!!

Jane :)