Friday, July 21, 2006

Where's "Mr Angry Eyes" when you need him?

I am having a bit of a "pissy" day it seems. It all started by my "let's cause a ruckus once a year" thread on another fitness forum in the USA where I suggested that many (but not all) people who remain overweight suffer from a lack of discipline and dare I say it, a lack of character. I get like this when I do a lot of personal training, when I hear all the "yeah, buts" and "can't" instead of "won't" - I feel I know what I am talking about here because I used to be that person. Anyway, got flamed into oblivion by some obese person that said I wasn't being very supportive of the overweight members of the community and that I was a self serving, righteous litte b**tch. Sheesh, I was talking bluntly but I wasn't being personal. I just have to remember that this is the Internet and not to take it personally.
I'm just amazed at how angry I started to feel - I'm usually pretty even tempered, so has been weird to say the least.

Coupled with that I am having a severe case of what I call "Fat Bloated Cow" Syndrome - I have gained 1.5kg and my rings are tight and I am visibly bloated. I'm drinking plenty of water and keeping a close eye on things - I am fearful now that I will not come in lean enough in time as I am a bit heavier than I was at this stage of the game with the last comp. Which means nudging the intake down a bit. This is tough! However, I remind myself that this is temporary and the discomfort I am feeling now will be nothing compared to the embarrassment I will feel at being fluffy on stage.

Training today:
80 min moderate walk
teach aerobics class (didn't really get the old HR up enough to call this a workout..damn)
train shoulders
posing practice (sucked again - keep practising)

Feel better now I've had my little rant.

Onward and upward!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Liz!
Meet wont be until the weekend in September. But I would love to catch up for coffee or go to RPM if you are teaching!
Those people who shoot you down are the ones who don't want to make the sacrifice and face their fears. You confront them with their fears and give them the opportunity to better themselves and they don't have the internal strength to realise that you are right! Some people like that just like the attention I think.
You are a good person with an iron will and a strong heart!
Andjxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Liz,

I found your blog when you posted it on LL and have loved following your progress.

Don't let yourself get down about what was said on the other site. I too used to be on a site where people got upset when you put the truth out there. All you did was speak the truth, unfortunately they just aren't ready to see it for what it is - THE TRUTH!

As for your competition, don't get too upset about that either. You are following a sound plan and you work very hard! Just stick with what you know works and you will be just fine. Keep up the awesome work! You Rock!!

Cheryl

LizN said...

Thanks Andj - yes, I will be in Brisvegas on the weekend you mentioned, not this weekend, although it would be nice.

Hi Cheryl - glad you came out of lurkdom. How are you going with LL? It takes discipline, but it is so worth it.

Hugs
Liz;)

Cheryl said...

Things are going very well with LL, thanks. I'm about 4 pounds away from my transformation goal. Once I reach that goal, I'm going to give myself a break from weight loss for a while and focus on a 15K race (running) plan. After that, I'll decide if I want to go lower or stay where I am.

Keep up the great work!

Cheryl

Em said...

Liz unfortunantly some "fat" people think they want to change, they say they don't know how, but even with help they still don't lose the weight for one reason or another.
I have been trying to help my sister for years to no avail!!!
And me being a semi reformed fatty thought i would be a good role model as i have lost 50kg but unfortunantly i think she just see's me as trying to take control or something???
Hun you have done a great job and your on fire in that gym so don't take it personel when someone rejects your advice because all it means is they are not ready to accept the truth and that plain thinking is something they don't understand!
Keep it up girl and don't ever change your opinions because you know better than any what fighting fat is all about :)
Em:)

Splice said...

Hey Liz.
Bugger people that have no idea of what they are talking about. But not only are they ignorent in making a statement like that but insensitive too. People think they can say anything they like sitting behind their computer screen. Grrr...I dont have time for people like that, especially when you meet people like yourself who have achieved more then they could ever dream of.
You are an inspiration to me and anyone else who knows you and what you have achieved, always remember that.
P.s. I still love your legs!!!

LizN said...

Hi Deb and Em,
I just think the world of you two. We are so lucky to be involved in such a supportive blogging community.

PS Deb - I love your legs as well - want those hamstrings!
Hugs
Liz;)