Sunday, July 30, 2006

Prep work!


After reading Miss Lia's post on prepping food I have been inspired to cook up some sweet potato for the week ahead. I also have some chicken breasts waiting to be sliced and diced. I usually freeze my starchy carb portions and add them to salads as required or defrost and have them after particularly hard cardio sessions.

I've spent the weekend cleaning and we went to Gladstone where I bought 2kg Tassie Salmon (guess what is for dinner tonight), barramundi and red emperor fillets as well as some of my favourite Kikkoman marinades - I usually go for the thinner, lower sugar versions and I'm looking forward to trying a Roasted Garlic Marinade with my chicken this week.

DH and I were talking about how society has lost the art of cooking and I reckon there is a plethora of great healthy food out there to enjoy and cook in many different ways.

4 comments:

RaeC said...

I always put Sundays aside as my 'prep' day for the week ahead and cook all my snacks and meals.

It's great to read that your PT work is picking up and so busy. When you're a good trainer you don't need to go out and find people, they will hear about you and seek you out.

I loved the photos too... even in "all your pasty glory" you are still looking hot... especially your legs as always!! xxx

Tracey said...

OMG Liz, u came to the big smoke & I only realised now!! Hope you had fun!!

Good to hear that u r still stikin it out in the sticks!!

Hope u have a great weekend.

LizN said...

Hi Tracey

Yes, I am in love with your fish markets :)

Hugs
Liz;)

Healthy Food Master said...

I was really impressed with ladies loving fish. Usually they are turned off by bones in the fish.
2 KG of salmon though is a bit expensive. I suggest a very healthy recipe: a fillet of Yellow Fin Tuna (about 200G), pack of freshly cooked an marinated mussels (sweet chilly).
Slice tuna, add some chopped spring onions, coriander, dill, add mussels, some sesame oil, soy sauce and lemon..
(Found this recipe at Healthy Food for life website. Simple and delicious. Cooking time: 5 minutes..Enjoy