Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Suits me fine


Suits me fine to require a little bit more of myself today, to put myself into "athlete" mode, to push the boundaries in the gym and to take care of my body with top quality meals. I slept really well last night and even slept in this morning - think I needed it! I've been getting a bit bent out of shape about losing the body fat and I need to remind myself not to try and reinvent the wheel - just one day at a time and to change up one thing at a time to keep things going.

Today I focused on my cardio at the gym - ran a little longer and pushed it a little harder and it felt really good. Sometimes we are limited by what we think we can achieve when in reality that is not the case at all. Then I did my weights - back and triceps today. I've had a pleasant walk outside as well and enjoyed the sunshine. PT this afternoon.

Run -40 minutes - "pure" intervals - 3 sets of 5 increasing pace and intensity for each set.
Back
Chin ups - 4 x 8
Lat pull down - wide grip - 4 x12
Seated row narrow - 4 x 12
Hyperextensions 3 x 12 (with glute focus)
Dips (bodyweight) 2 x8, 2 x 6
Decline Close Grip Bench Press: 4 x 12
Tricep bench dips to failure - 3 sets to failure

3 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

Liz - just wanted to say Hi and I'm glad you started a blog. I LOVE the pictures you post of strong women. Really LOVE IT!

Julie A in OR (from LL board)

LizN said...

Julie,
It is lovely to meet you too! I'd love to come and visit you on your blog as well.

Hugs
Liz N

Ali said...

What a great post and so true!!

I agree we sometimes are limited by our own beliefs and conditioning, where as Anything is possible if you want it bad enough!

have a great day and I loved RPM!

Ali xxx