Friday, July 07, 2006

I am so lucky!

Today I am feeling so lucky and so grateful that I am so fit. A few years ago when I had Miss Georgia, I had post surgical complications and severe sacroiliac joint dysfunction. I was told that I would never run again and to look forward to a "sedentary life". I was also told the only way to fix the mass of jelly that were my abs was by surgery.

Here I am three years later doing plyometrics and running everywhere! Today I also lifted another chest PB - 17.5kg incline dumbbell press 4 x6 reps! I also gave my RPM class a good thrashing last night. I can compete in a Figure Comp, I am truly blessed!

Training today:
30 min brisk incline walk

Chest/Legs
Incline dumbbell chest press 4 x6 (PB)
Pec deck 4x 8 (PB)
BOSU push ups with hand placement variation and feet on medicine ball
Plyo lunges
Defensive BOSU squats
180 degree BOSU plyo squats

I'm toast :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

That's fantastic Liz!!! You most definately have come along way!!! Your a very strong and determined woman and I find you a fantastic role model......glad to see you are enjoying your workouts and can appreciate the fact that you are lucky enough to be living your dream! Can't wait to see how you go in your comp, with your mindset I am sure you will do very well!!

Splice said...

Awesome job Liz!! It's a great feeling picking up those big DB's isn't it.
You have proven so much and you can just see the wonderful effects it is having on you.
Keep working hard.
Hugs,
Deb