Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Motoring along

Pleased to say that despite having the blahs upstairs I nailed a pretty good day in relation to both eating and workout. You just have to switch off the emotional side and keep moving forwards and deal with the feelings - positive and negative - as they happen.

Workout today:
Chest/Shoulders/Legs
Incline Chest Press - 4x 6 (to failure)
High Step Defensive Squats - 3x 30sec
Pec Dec - 4 x10/8/8/8
Chair squats on BOSU - 3 x20
Plyo Squats off High Step 3 x 30secs (I wanted to puke in a bucket at this point)
BOSU push ups with feet on med ball and varied placement - 4 x 12
BOSU plyo 180s as many as I could muster 4 sets
Push press standing 4 x 6
Obliques on BOSU with med ball
Side Lateral Raise with medial delt focus - 4 x6-8
Upright row - 3 x 8 (heavy)

Eating - decided to open the vegetable heavens and knocked off 400g of Asian greens with my chicken today for lunch. At least I know that folic acid deficiency is not in my radar today.

Signed up another personal training client...that is four this week!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Hi Liz, I can not imagine how mentally challenging comp prep is as well as physically. Last time you looked absolutely stunning so I can only imagine what you will look like this time. I wish I could say I knew how you felt but I can say I have faith in your ability to shine in Oct comp. I love reading your blog, you are such a strong determined lady and I draw strength from your posts. Congratulations on signing 4 more clients this week - I bet you are a fantastic trainer that pushes you to your limit!!!!

LizN said...

Thanks Jodi, coming here and reading all of these encouraging comments really helps me :) Thanks for being there!
Hugs
Liz N