Thursday, July 13, 2006

Above and beyond


Sometimes you have to go "above and beyond" to achieve your fitness related goals - that is what I tell my clients anyway - that to reach that better place requires moving out of your comfort zone. The immediate discomfort of change is small compared with the long term benefits.

I often have to tell myself this too! Last night I went to bed with my stomach grumbling, but have moved through it and am fine today. Plus I am happy knowing that I elicited the small drop that I wanted. Today is usually the day I have a splurge meal, but I am going to shift it to Saturday as we are going away for three days to the beach! Fish and chips, here I come! I am really going to put it in tomorrow with my training and then look forward to two full days off which come at a good time for me - workload has been heavy this week!

Training today:
Walk moderate 60 mins; teach Cycling Class 45 min; leg conditioning drills/ab work
Shoulders:
Behind neck press 3x10
Lat raise straight arm 3 x9
Upright Row with dumbbells
Relaxed pose
Side Chest pose
Side Tricep pose
Brought my shoes in and worked on posing. Today I sucked! But I'll get better!

Off to prep some meals for our weekend away. A figure girl has gotta eat happy ;)

2 comments:

Splice said...

I think your a star :-)
You work so hard but you know exactly where your at and where you are going.
Who would have thought a competitor could have fish and chips lol. I think that its great to work towards these things because it all will balance itself out at the end of the day!
Have lots of fun.
Hugs,
Deb.

LizN said...

Deb,
Thanks for the compliment. I have good and bad days, so thank you for your confidence in me ;)

Hugs
Liz ;)