Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sucking it up in Shitsville


Today I taught my own choreographed indoor cycling class, but felt really flat and depressed today. I think that I am totally over the moving thing. I have moved seven times in the last nine years and I've had quite enough. The worst part for me is missing all of my friends and the routine of my old life. What isn't helping is my luck in running into some of the most anally retentive people imaginable. I'm sure that there are decent people out there, I unfortunately have yet to meet them. I really feel sorry for people married to partners in the Military - moving isn't as bad when you have work to keep you occupied but here I cannot work in my profession. It's driving me nuts!

Anyway, rant over - going to knuckle down tomorrow and get a good day's training and eating under my belt. Better than sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself! Right now, I need to see this figure journey through and focus on the quote below.

“Winning isn't always finishing first. Sometimes winning is just finishing" Manuel Diotte

2 comments:

LizN said...

Dear Lia
Know exactly where you are coming from. I'm in Biloela, population less than 5000.

Hugs
Liz;)

LizN said...

Lia, oh no, you have to look it up. I was in Singleton for a few years and that had a military base. I have a lot of "military" friends.
Hugs
Liz;)