Friday, June 09, 2006

Putting the "go" in Vertigo!

My, I have been on a cardio bender this week! It's not surprising really as I do have an endurance background. This morning, I did Spinervals Aero Base Builder 17, walked to the gym and back because it was so beautiful out (about 5kms or so) and then did a cracking interval training workout on the treader - covered 5km in 22:45 which I was pretty happy with. Then I did chest, shoulders and biceps for RT. I am supersetting lots of glute work in, trying to improve my glutes bearing in mind my recovery from my rather horrific hip problems.

Incline Bench Press DB -17.5kg (I think) 3 x10, supersetted with BOSU defensive squats -- really focused on glute medius during these sets 3 x10 either side.
Pec Deck - unsure of weights but 3 x10 supersetted with chair BOSU squats, 2x10, then plyo BOSU squat jumps 1x10
BOSU straight leg push up with hand placement variation 3 x12 supersetted with pilates inspired single leg stretches on the BOSU.

As you can tell, I love the BOSU - it just adds intensity, particularly good for me as I do not have much choice with weight selection here.

I was pretty thrilled with my workout today, I have really really improved my strength despite being such a cardio maniac. Four weeks to go until I start leaning out and hoping that I can make even more inroads into my strength.

My other big news is that I am going home for 8 days and leaving tomorrow. Probably won't get much chance to update blog, but Andj, if you're around and want to share a thorough caning on the bike, I'll probably be living at Fitness First all of next week! Yippy skippy!

No comments: