Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Figure in Disguise

Yesterday's session looked more like that of a triathlete than a figure gal. I got up early and did Spinervals 3.0 "Suffer O Rama". 45 minutes of tempo work and all out anaerobic efforts! Then I did 20 minutes of what I call "Crazy Intervals" on the treadmill - worked with the music I was listening to and changed all the variables (incline and speed) to suit the lyrics of the music - awesome fun. It is about 4 degrees in the gym so I think of Lia sucking it up at her base gym in the freeze without complaint and tell myself "if she can do it, so can I!"

Then Shoulders/Bis
Behind Neck Press 22.5kg 3x 11/10/9
Side Lateral Raise 6kg 3x11/10.9
Upright row 20kg 3x 11
I supersetted these with Lying Leg Curls and Deadlifts.

Today has been a low intensity day - walking - to gym, school, kindy, to shops and back - total of about 90 minutes. I also trained my client.

RT - Back/traps
Pronated grip wide Lat Pull Down: 3 + bricks 3 x11/10/9
Barbell Pull over (yuck) : 20kg 3x11
One Arm DB Row: 14kg 3x11/10/9
Shrugs: 16kg 3 x10
supersetted with:
Hack Squat
ball ab extension
hyperextensions with glute focus

I'm really not too sure about the weights. Most of them aren't marked with actual poundages. All I know is that this week my strength has gone through the roof, so I am hoping that this translates into muscle gain. I have gained 1kg in the last week, so if some of it is not fat, then I am totally happy.

Hmm, now half way through my 12 weeks of muscle gaining! Hope there is noticeable difference in six weeks time :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like your doing really well, I can't believe your in week six already!!!! You sound really focused at the moment!

LizN said...

Thanks Jodi and Lia! I really hope that this training in the cold has a good effect - it's toughened me up mentally for sure :)
Hugs
Liz:)