Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ready to fly!


I am back home and have finally had a chance to catch up with everyone's blogs, particularly the other competitors.

I had an absolutely wonderful time this week and caught up with lots of my Fitness First friends and family. I got to teach a couple of RPM classes and even had Andj come and do my Saturday morning class which was a real treat. We caught up and had morning tea with my great mate Anne and her kids, Samantha and Jonathon. Unfortunately poor Jonathon was sick everywhere - I think it is the season for sickness, as we all have colds here - so best we all have the dreaded lurgy at the same time, rather than one by one.

DH and I resolved quite a lot of issues on the move front and it is looking very positive that we will be transferred back to Brisbane in January and that it has been the intention of his employer for this to happen all along. If I know that I am only up here for a short time, then I feel so much better.

What I did notice were improvements I had made in my training and a few people thought I had added size to my shoulders, so I was happy to hear that. What has really helped me is knowing that Lia is training in freezing conditions as well.

My plan is not to start leaning out until the third week of July which gives me another 3 solid weeks to try and add more muscle. I ran into Deanne Miller who works with me at Fitness First and who came second at the INBA Nationals last year. She has done a fantastic job of adding more muscle and I cannot wait to see what she looks like this year. Like every other competitor, I am going to be getting busy with music, costumes and routine. I think I have decided on music and Jo is going to help me with choreography. I have my black suit by www.passionfruitdesigns.com and a blue velvet suit that Jo cut for me which isn't yet embellished. I wouldn't mind buying the crystals myself and embellishing Jo's suit, but I fear the bottoms are cut too big, so I'm going to ask her for a second opinion. I'm not ready for g-string territory but I don't want a huge bottom either!

No comments: