Sunday, June 04, 2006

Home Workouts - Spinervals DVDs


Today I braved the cold and tried a Spinervals workout. Basically Spinervals are technical DVDs aimed at improving cycling technique. This one wasn't as hard as some of the others I have tried, however I really had to focus on my technique as the session is over 70 minutes long. Aerobic conditioning helps the body utilize fatty acids both at rest and during training and I am one of those mavericks that likes to do a lot of cardio.

The weather is preventing me from doing as much as I would like to, but that is a good thing when trying to build more muscle. I am planning on kicking into gear in July, so I have a month of easier cardio to look forward to. Coach Troy has five aero base builder DVDs all of varying lengths and once I master all of them, I am going to attempt "Tough Love" which is a three hour interval training workout.

What else, tried a new Beef Casserole and might just post the pic of it tomorrow. I am actually enjoying the challenge of eating clean and being a gourmet at the same time. I want to stay in shape pretty much year round - my hope being that really enjoying everything I eat stops craving, bingeing and trolling - though for me, keeping busy really helps too.

2 comments:

RaeC said...

Eeeeeerugh!! That Spinervals sounds atrociously hard... I still can't say I like cardio... LOL!! xxx

Andrea said...

Hi Liz
Love the blue posing suit - the colour really suits you!
Andjxx