Friday, June 23, 2006

On the bus again!


Whenever I am about to take action in reducing my % body fat, I refer to it as "Getting on the Bodybuilding Bus". With tomorrow being officially 14 weeks out and the fact I've gained a kilo in a week, I've decided that action had better begin sooner, rather than later. My aim is to lose about 1/3 kg per week or one pound and I have 5 kg to lose to get me into competition shape. I came in at 53.4kg when weighed at the competitors meeting last time, so if I came in a smidge higher, yet leaner, I would be totally ecstatic!

1I will get DH to take some photos and we are off and running!I'm going fairly moderate this week - just cutting out wheat/gluten and subbing with potatoes. I seem to react really badly to bread - getting really nasty IBS when I eat a lot of it - it's so much easier though having a piece of toast than a potato!

I'm off home again for 2 weeks on Sunday and going to be continuing the focus on resistance training. I've had tremendous gains in strength over the past few weeks - a real positive! As some of the other bloggers mention, the gaining weight/fat after competition does play with your head somewhat - but it is necessary for good health and a happy menstrual cycle. I'm not feeling too happy about my huge PMS chin zit though!

My other news is that I've picked up another PT client who wants me to prepare her for the Sportsmodel Division of the INBAs in October. I haven't seen her yet, so I cannot say for sure whether it is on or not but the extra dollars that my PTing is bringing in is very handy. I'm now up to four clients without any advertising.

No comments: