Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Done and dusted!


Another day done and dusted! I am physically and mentally preparing myself for ACTION and I can't wait! I am really going to focus on having some fun in this next comp - I know that I am never going to be destined for figure stardom, but I can really aim to improve from last time and have a lot of fun whilst doing it! Specifically I really want to work on posing and routine and adding in more pilates/glute work in the next 14 weeks. I am going to stone my blue suit and can't wait to start that project off.

I am meeting with Jo next week and she is going to help me with my new routine - I think I have chosen music now, so it's all systems go! Plus she is going to make me smaller bottoms for my suit.

Training today:
30 min easy run

Back and triceps:
close grip pull ups 3x8/8/6 supersetted with BOSU defensive squats ( ala Cathe Friedrich, pictured )
barbell pullovers 3 x10 supersetted with explosive BOSU 180 squats
dumbbell one arm row: 3x 8 supersetted with leg curls

Tricep giant set:
pushdowns, dips, BOSU push ups 3x12 of each (ouch!)

I'm really enjoying all the BOSU work I've prescribed for myself and am noticing some real improvements in glute stability. Now to add in some heavier deadlifts to see how my butt responds.

2 comments:

Bug's Mumma said...

Hi Liz! Got your comment on my blog - I'll link yours to mine when I get the time too (actually - what's spare time?!?!?!?!?! haha). I work out at Active Life Fitness in Norman Park. Which Fitness First do you work at?

Alicia
xo

LizN said...

Hi Alicia

Home club is Indooroopilly and I also teach at Toowong and North Quay.

Hugs
Liz;)