Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Feeling the Cathe love!

I'm officially on a Cathe bender at the moment. Today I pulled out "Kick, Punch and Crunch" and really enjoyed it, after getting off to a slow start. I had only done this one once before a few years back and couldn't remember any part of it, so it was like having a brand new DVD all over again. I followed this up with a 25 min swim (1200m) and "New Rules of Lifting" Break In Workout A.

I received my "Chicken or Chocolate" TShirt from Lia today and also in my parcel was the National Titles DVDs and (the best part!) a "Koko Black" hot chocolate at home pack. If I have the choice of "chicken or chocolate" when I have a Koko Black option, guess what wins? I didn't want to post pics of my mug two days in a row, but will be modelling the T-shirt later this week!
I was also lucky enough to have a great chat to Lia on the phone today as well.

I have officially decided that I am not going to compete this year. Really I am having fun with all sorts of other stuff right now and as I mentioned earlier, feel that I'm headed more down the coaching and preparation path anyway. Plus it is great to be fit and healthy just for the heck of it ;) I haven't actually spent much time in "maintenance mode" and learning to keep good balance and perspective has been my challenge so far in 2007. I'm getting there though!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the photo Liz. Enjoy your year off, not that it is for us is it. LOL!! ;o) xx

Kek said...

Sounds like a great plan - maintenance is definitely an art in itself and often tricky to master.

Sounds like you're having fun with your training anyway - it'd be a shame to mess with that.

Anonymous said...

Interesting decision about not competing. I think you are so knowledgeable that you will be very successful on the coaching path!!

PS - Loved the pic, lol.

Janew said...

Hey Liz,your going off girl!!
well done and keep it up!

jane xo

Splice said...

Liz your sooo smart lol. I really need a break too. After April I think that's it for me for the year.
Im really hoping to plan a good maintanence period. This is so important, just as important as comp prep I believe.
Hugs,
Deb

LizN said...

Hi Kek, Marie, Deb, Jane and Lia - I don't know - I was missing comp prep for awhile and then it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that I really wanted a year of recovery :)

Hugs
Liz ;)