Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My "Holy DOMS, Batman" Booty Call

DOMS seems to be the flavour of the week here - did my Quad Dominant Lower Body Workout today - low reps - managed to squat 62.5kg with good technique four times. That's over my bodyweight, so naturally, I'm sore and excited at the same time. I cannot believe how well the old glutes and hips held together - I spent a bit of time on core activation first and I'm sure that helped.

I also got in an interval run - this time increasing the pace on all of my intervals. It's so nice to feel so full of energy and get these improvements on a daily basis! Doing some heavy, heavy weights has been a great change of pace for me as I rarely train my legs - it has certainly kept me interested! The other great thing is that despite no change in weight, a few people have asked me if I'm leaning out for a competition - which is rather flattering - I'm telling them, "no, I'm struggling to lean over at the moment, let alone lean out!"

I'm looking forward to Upper Body Vertical Dominance training tomorrow and adding the DOMS to my upper body - around RPM of course. John hasn't called me to teach yet, but he is carrying an injury now and a class is a real possibility!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hi Liz - I am a bit slow - what is Upper Body Vertical Dominance training??
Sounds like you are on fire - keep up the great work.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

Sienna said...

Hey there Liz,
Just wanted to let you know I check in to your blog often. You are a true inspiration... however, I would love to see a 'before shot' of you. You are a machine!

LizN said...

Hey Kimmy,

It's the name Christian Thibaudeau has given to the workout - all upper body work done in the vertical plane.

Hugs
Liz;)

LizN said...

Hey there Livy - just go to the right hand side of my blog and click on Leanness Lifestyle Success Gallery and you will find my before and afters, plus a link to an hour podcast I've done detailing my journey.

Liz ;)