Friday, January 08, 2010

Sharing is Caring!


Today I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Kerry for RPM and a cuppa which was great fun. Kerry and I met for the first time at the INBA Nationals in 2008 and have seen each other briefly since then. If you check out Kerry's blog you'll see she's a Crossfit babe (aka can work very hard without throwing up), so I threw down the gauntlet and invited her to come and try out RPM.

I was a bit unsure of how I'd go, because I had filled in the 6.00am class and here I was backing up again at 9.30am, thinking of the two classes I did yesterday and the two I did the day before. However the thought of not giving my 100% when I had a wonderful workout to share was unbearable and we managed to thrash it out to the end.

I knew Kerry had worked hard because I could hear some heavy breathing at the end (I was thinking "have I tamed the Crossfit chick?), so I casually asked her how she enjoyed the class and how she was feeling.

"There was one stage where I wanted to spew," said Kerry. "Oh, goody," I thought, "mission accomplished!"

We had a great old chatter and a nice Chai Latte and Hot Chocolate and chewed the fat about workouts, nutrition, blogs and everything in between. Being 40 and mothers, there's a lot of common ground between us, fun, fun ,fun!

Kerry, if you're reading this, I hope you can meet me for an RPM workout again (plus a complimentary triceps workout! Yeah, I'll take ya!.....)

Anyway, bottom line about why I'm writing about this is to say that blogging is a great way to meet up with others who share the same interests. And whilst climbing the performance mountain is great, it's always a wonderful thing to share the view at the top....

2 comments:

Kerry W said...

Awww Liz...you'll got me all embarrassed...give it another 6-12months, and then maybe I might feel worthy of being called a 'Crossfit Chick'. I've only just put on my training wheels. :)

Of course I'd love to another RPM class, even though I prefer the outdoors personally. Thanks for the workout...I really needed that! Oh...yeah...and something creative to smash the tri's! :P

And it is great when you can meet up with people in blogland. I've done that a few times, and it's nice to be able to chat with like-minded people.

Of course, I find the whole 'bloggie community' and its' going-ons quite fascinating. Who needs soapies...lol... :)

Van said...

Totally agree! Boy, I sure do salute you for waking up to teach those utterly-early morning classes, how do you even do that? I can't! Need my beauty sleep.. Heh, great job Liz!