Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Million Dollar Question

Our family were having a rather fun time tonight coming up with the types of questions that should be asked as the final one on "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire". I was suggesting that the question be about something that we should really know about, almost off by heart, but cannot remember for the life of you when you're in that hot seat.

The conversation turned towards the programs that the kids watched when they were little. We felt that, at the time we knew every episode of "Teletubbies", "Thomas the Tank Engine" and "Bob the Builder" off by heart.. Therefore it was highly amusing when Hubs asked me, "for a million dollars ....what were the names of all of the characters in Bob the Builder?" I managed Bob and Wendy and Spud the Scarecrow and was feeling really chuffed with my efforts thus far when hubs said, "what about the cat?" I couldn't remember its name and we all started singing "Bob the Builder" at the tops of our voices to try and jog our memories.

"I have it! The cat's name is Pilchard!" I yelled (one million wasn't going to slip through my finger tips that easily).
Somehow we managed to get through all of the characters except for the cement mixer - nobody could remember the name at all.

I'm embarrassed to say that I went and looked it up on the Internet. I want to be able to go to bed and rest easy in the knowledge that I finally KNOW.


The cement mixer's name was Dizzy.

Look out Eddie McGuire...I'm coming!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Lol!!! You are as bad as me!!!! I google everything...Otherwise I would have laid in bed trying to remember it!!!!
Unfortunately for me I would'nt have won the million dollars.....I would never have got the cats name!

ss2306 said...

Glad you told me the answer cause I too was stumped and wouldn't have been able to stop thinking about it till I found out.

Good question!!

Cherub said...

I love Google, I can't remember what my life was like before. Would I have stressed that I couldn't remember the name Dizzy? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone to the library - though I may have put the "video" on.