Tuesday, June 24, 2008

one workout stronger

Today I passed another little milestone, I went on the elliptical for the first time since the surgery and surprisingly I felt fine. I only went at Level 5 and for five minutes, but the most important thing is that I did it! I also walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes at 6.3 km/hr - hard to believe that I was struggling doing 4.8km/hr two-three weeks ago.

I also saw the physio again and had my C6/C7/T1 vertebrae thoroughly mobilized as well as some pretty painful infraspinatus release. Ouch! The vertebrae mobilization seems to be really improving the shoulder range of motion which is a plus.

Hmm what else? Tomorrow Shelley and I are getting together and doing John's RPM class and I think Leesa is also going to join us. How is John going to cope with three female instructors in a row staring him down? I think he's going to love it :). We're going to follow up by going to Phuc Viet (Vietnamese Deli Cafe) afterwards and having some prawn rice paper rolls. It's really fun being able to participate together and push each other. The best part about today is that I don't have any ill effects from attempting to cane Monday's class. Once I get on that bike, I really want to feel that pedal stroke and put the resistance up. It actually feels uncomfortable riding with little resistance.

I'm tired tonight - time to go and watch Gordon Ramsay flame someone in one of his kitchens!

3 comments:

Nic said...

Hi Liz,
Congrats on your little wins. You will be back into full swing before too long.
Nic

Jacque said...

hi liz

love your blog! Would be great if you can reguarly update on your daily eatings!! Gives us all some ideas and inspiration :)

Cheers

Ronnie said...

Liz it sounds like you are recovering very well indeed. Great work.