Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Good Times

After two very hectic days of pharmacy work, I'm looking forward to getting into the gym this morning and having a good old workout. Not that I neglected my workouts yesterday - got in a 60 minute run/walk (mostly running) and some deadlifts and squats (effort a bit "meow" compared with Shelley but she would be proud of me that I actually did them, lol) and traipsing all over the pharmacy brought my steps for the day to nearly 22 000 - again, I crashed into bed - all that incidental exercise has got to be helping me with my sleep. Interestingly my mood has lifted (exercise, the natural antidepressant) - I have been feeling much better of late, but now I'm feeling really on top of things!

We're going into phase 3 of our sixteen week plan - have some interesting exercises lined up - like speed bench presses off pins - I don't know how we're going to manage with our equipment this morning as we don't have a proper cage at FF but I'm sure we'll come up with something kickbutt and inventive.

Then we're having Vietnamese for lunch and going to see "Julie and Julia" before picking the kids up from school. I have to practise Bodystep this afternoon, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and as dinner is already prepared, it's not going to be particularly stressful.

It's really nice to have such a nice day to look forward to after all my work efforts. Yeehaw!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bloody endorphins are cool hey Liz! I'm only JUST starting to feel good again from my bout of illness. Just walking atm and it puts me in a great mood!