Saturday, May 12, 2007

Life's Little Hiccups

I watched my life fall off a truck on Thursday morning! Yes, you read right, the removalists dropped my computer from a height of 3 metres, which is delaying my return to normality somewhat as I wait on a replacement. Actually, much of our furniture was badly damaged in this move, so much so that the removalists are now called "Allied Prickfords" in our household - and the catch tag "the careful movers" has to be the most inaccurate known to man. Arrggh.

Despite these setbacks, life is pretty good. I went to RPM High Performance this morning and I am already feeling the DOMS starting to settle in. I decided not to do any weights until I'm fully unpacked - I keep joking that I'm worried about getting too sore.

Hope to be back more permanently soon.

7 comments:

Kek said...

Damn! Of all the things they could drop. :(

Hope the rest of the unpacking goes smoothly.

Rachel said...

OMG - I'd be sooooo peeved!! I hope you are being well compensated! Moving is so expensive ESPECIALLLY when they have such little respect for your belongings GRRRRRR!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! So sorry to hear that, Liz! Do they insure for the damage?? Hope things calm down for you soon! At least you are back where you want to be!

Flea said...

Oh no! Do they pay for the new one?
I had a couch damaged onces and it took them for ever to fix it, tore the whole arm's material open! Grrrr, was I annoyed! But the upholster fixed it so good you can hardly see the seem mark! phew.

Splice said...

I will never let a removal guy touch my PC ;-).
You poor thing, I hope everthing else goes smoothly.
Deb

Miss Positive said...

Oh wow, that is terrible about your computer and furniture. Hope they are going to pay compensation???

Hope the unpacking is all done by now.

Hilary xx

Kelly said...

My god! Thats bad. I hope they compensate you!