Friday, October 13, 2006

Where to from here

Whew, back in Woop Woop and don't know where to begin.

Back to the competition - I had a great day and lots of fun catching up with everyone. As I mentioned in my previous post, I came 4th out of the 4 participants in my class. I think it was pretty tight as the judge said after our muscularity and symmetry rounds that he felt sorry for whoever was going to come fourth, it was that close. I think I probably lost points for my routine, but won't know for sure until the score breakdown gets sent out. I achieved my main goal of really improving my back and shoulders from the last comp, so I am happy. The head judge even came up to me afterwards and told me that I had made huge improvements since April and not to give up competing which was very nice of him.

The ladies in my class were really terrific. It turned out that we were all mothers and it was fun trading stretch mark and "Mum" stories backstage - the atmosphere between the four of us couldn't be better and we all had a big laugh when I said "you all got these nice trophies and I got this lousy muffin and a bottle of water!".

It was great to see Deb, Alicia and Maraina compete. Everyone looked really terrific and did anyone tell you Maraina can dance up a storm without her routine music. I also got to meet Hilary (who is as lovely in real life as she is in her blog) and Andj (who I know well from Fitness First). I was the one yelling for you all!

The next day I met Jadey who took some wonderful photos of me in my Lorna Jane gear. Jadey is an absolute stunner and we hit it off from the moment we met. Jadey has a really relaxed way about her and I felt like I had known her for years. I was a bit nervous about having photos taken, but Jadey put me at ease. The above photo was taken with my very basic digital camera, so I cannot wait to see the photos from Jadey's camera.

Then it was back home to Woop Woop, which has been very flat to say the least. I've done a couple of workouts at home, but am worried that the intensity will not be high enough to produce a great result in Melbourne, to the point where I have been considering pulling out as my eating hasn't been exactly stellar either. I am probably going to have to go back to the gym to workout (and pay membership dues for a month) but seriously doubt I will be able to formalize an agreement that we will both be happy with. I also have the option of working with the local physio (who is lovely) and taking Workcover clients - she wants me to rehab two ACL people already.

I've decided that I'm going to give Melbourne my best shot, but given all of the drama with where we are living etc, may not compete at all next year and just focus on living a leanness lifestyle.

8 comments:

Jadey said...

Thank you honey, you are so sweet, you made me smile after reading your blog!

I will call you today, thanks for your message!

Go as hard as you can for Melbourne, it's worth it!! You have overcome some crazy obstacles but you CAN do it and you've already DONE it twice before!

Love you - jadey xx

Tracey said...

It truely is a shame that you have to live out at Bilo, there would be so many more opportunites to train here in Gladdy!!

Does your hubby work away or is he based there?

Anyway, best of luck for Melbourne!!

Next time your coming to Gladdy, send me an email & we will catch up.

Sam D-M said...

Hey Liz,

I hope you give Melbourne a go, you will have an absolute blast and remember it forever.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics!

Sam

Splice said...

What a great post Liz :-).
First I want to say that you look gorgeous in the picture above, just check out how good you look girl!!
I am so relieved that you are coming to the Nationals, you had me worried for a minute.
Where there is a will, there is a way, and you will find resources to continue training to hold your current and awesome physique.
Don't worry if you have been off plan with your eating, you know you can pull it back in to where you what it. It is still all in your control and I know you can do it.
The results and scores have been published, you can see them on the INBA website or in the PE forum where Josh posted them.
I wasn't aware that they did a break up of the points though. Do they send them out to us?
Hang in there Liz, and please call me if you need to talk, ANYTIME.
Love,
Deb xxx

Jadey said...

Lizzie!

Check your email, you have mail honey! Piccies and more piccies! YAY!

Love Jadey xx

Ali said...

Liz, the photos of you is great!!!

You have to remind yourself just how much you have accomplished over the last year or so. You really are an inspiration to lots of us I believe.I am very much looking forward to meeting you in person at the Nationals!!

Alixxx

A Prelude To... said...

I love these new pics of you, Liz! Beautiful! Tight!

Julie A.

Olga said...

You look awesome! Dream, that I don't think I have what it takes to get to:) Way to go!