Monday, October 16, 2006

Viva la Difference

What a difference a few days makes and some perspective. Here's another sample of Jadey's wonderful work, the first time in my life where I actually look good in a bikini..Hooray!

Today I worked on my commitment to live a Leanness Lifestyle despite being 12 days out from the Nationals. Balance and enjoyment is key to good nutrition, it's about taste, mouth satisfaction as well as the calories. Today I tried a new type of omelette, baked an apple and had kangaroo and salad for dinner.
M1 - 2/3 cup oats + Ladybird White Chocolate Whey, 1/2cup skim milk
M2- baked apple stuffed with cottage cheese, cinnamon, dash Splenda
M3- the "Green Thang" omelette - 1 egg, 5 whites loaded with asparagus, spinach, shallots (hence the green tag) and mushrooms - as much as I could fit in and two slices of Seven cheese ontop
M4 - steamed asparagus (I am loving asparagus right now) and a Frozen "Protein Pudding" - Nestle Diet Yoghurt in apple/cinnamon with NHS Caramel Flavouring and 1/2 scoop Vanilla Figure Tone
M5 - lemon and wattleseed kangaroo steak cooked rare, sliced over baby spinach and veggie salad with balsamic dressing....mmm :) , one teaspoon Probiotic icecream.

Training wise - went for a walk, then did 30 minutes heart thumping running intervals, trained back, triceps, legs in the WWW.

8 comments:

Sam D-M said...

Hi Liz,

I have just had a chance to catch up on your blog and I am sorry I missed being able to comment on your previous post when you needed the support. I am so happy to see you are competing at the nationals and feeling a lot better. I am also amazed at seeing the picture of your transformation, you should be proud of the willpower you have had to make the changes so many other people fail at everyday.

Us competitors sacrifice a lot for this sport, because if we dont, we wouldnt be doing it to the best of our ability, and that is what drives us. Asking for nothing else other than support from the people in our lives is not a big ask, but sometimes I think they feel we all do this because we want to win, when really we are all just trying to achieve personal goals, so it is sometimes hard for them to understand.

I have battled with my own food issues in the past, and it wasnt easy finding the healthy head space i am in at the moment. I love what you call your 'leaness lifestyle' and your food for today sounded mighty yummy :-)

I have been researching a gluten and dairy free organic lifestyle for after the upcoming comps because i have many intolerances. I am looking forward to trying new things and spending more time with hubby too of course ;-)

I will have to swap some recipe ideas with you :-)

Bring on Melbourne now!!!!!

Sam

Anonymous said...

Yum - what an awesome day of food!!
Variety is very important and you certainly dont have a problem there!
Andjxx

LizN said...

Thanks so much for your post Sam - can't tell you how much I appreciate the support!

Andj, I can't make any comment on your blog - due to the Beta thingy. Any ideas?

Hugs
Liz ;)

Ali said...

Gorgeous pic girl!!!!

Liz it is just inspirational to see your transformation pics, and must agree with Sam your food esp. m5 sounds YUMMO!!!

Janew said...

Liz..one word for you AMAZING! Thats exactally what you are!! I have loved reading through your last few posts!!

Keep on smiling sweetness
Jane xo

Splice said...

Another awesome picture of you Liz. You are just becoming more beautiful day by day. You are a swan now.
Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
Just post anonymously and leave your name at the bottom so that I know who it is from.
Andrea

Em said...

WOW a fantstic pic of a fab bod ;)
You must be so proud of yourself and what you have achieved:)
Good luck with all your prep work hun!
I look forward to meeting you in melbourne:)
Em:)