Thursday, October 19, 2006

Is that really me?

Here is one of my favourite photos from my session with Jadey. I love black and white photos and the background and contrasts are just wonderful.

Today has been a low energy day, more due to psychological stress rather than physical, though I am having problems with a twingey left knee. I think that I'm trying to work things out too far ahead in regards to my competing future, which feels decidedly clouded after all of the goings on with DH and family. I know for sure that I am not going to compete next April - I feel like I need good rest, recovery and some different type of exercise. Plus I want to focus on my family - DH and the girls more. However I don't want to give away the idea of competing again entirely and know that this is not really the time to be thinking about this anyway.

I am having a tough time with not wanting to troll for food and realize that it is due to boredom, rather than being hungry. I have knocked over my tax return and I am getting ready to prep dinner. I just picked up the CSIRO book and some of the dishes look fantastic and very LL friendly. I just love trying out new recipes. My other blog is going to get quite the hammering.

I did a 30 min run, some chest work and went for an hour long walk this morning.

9 comments:

LizN said...

Hey Lia,
Thanks for the support - you are always such a "constant" here and I really appreciate you being around :)

Hugs
Liz ;)

Em said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon hun, nothing like stress to put a downer on things.
I love your pics hun, nice and cheeky with alittle sexy on the side hehe :)
I am so excited that i will be meeting you in melbourne along with all the other comp girls, it is going to be one huge day filled with fun and excitment:)
Chin up hun:)
Em:)

A Prelude To... said...

Oh my gosh, Liz - that is such an awesome photo. Jadey did such great work for you. So what's the plan to banish the boredom? I finally had to take up knitting to keep my hands busy ;-)
Doesn't keep my mind as busy as I would like, tho.

Julie

little rene said...

Liz,

You look absolutely beautiful in that photo!

It is so artistic and georgous!

I am sure you will make the right decisions for yourself in regards to competing. It is very hard to train the mind to relax and not stress about everything isn't it.

Have a great weekend!

love

renexxx

Splice said...

The picture is outstanding, I love it!!
If you can find something that will keep you busy between now and the comp that is not related to food lol, it will make time go by faster.
Keep drinking water, make sure you have a bottle of it with you all the time, it really helps just ask Lia ;-).
Im here if you need me.
Luv,
Deb xxx

LizN said...

Hi Julie, Em, Deb and Rene,

Thanks so much for the compliments.

Em - can't wait to meet you in Melbourne either!

Julie - yeah, think I may have to look to knitting in the future ;)

Rene - thanks for the encouragement

Deb - off to do some admin now with water firmly in hand!

Julie B said...

Liz you are truly beautiful; simply stunning. I think it is normal to feel a 'low' after the high you felt during the event and the focus of it prior. Rest up that twingie knee and be kind to yourself. Look at how far you have come, hunny. You are incredible!

Ali said...

awesome pic!!!! and very artistic, just a great composition!! jadey is very talented

Enjoy your weekend and aslo very much looking forward to metting you Liz!!
Alixxx

Miss Positive said...

That is a gorgeous photo of you Liz!

Hope your knee is feeling ok now. Have a great weekend.

Hilary xx