Sunday, October 15, 2006

Feeling better


Woke up feeling much better this morning after having a really levelling chat with hubs about all sorts of things. I've eaten much better today as well. I will post my entry form tomorrow.

Here's what I ate today (also considering I had a rest day and I'm not very hungry (surprise,surprise) today).
2 eggs poached, small slice wholemeal toast, 2 grilled tomatoes, 1 cup grilled mushrooms
1 egg, 5 white omelette with eschallots, vidalia/spanish onion, mushrooms, Seven cheese and fresh spinach
Slim Secrets Choc Caramel bar and an apple
Grilled snapper with Teresa Cutter's guacamole bean salad

I was wondering if anyone had done the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator test? Several years ago, I went to see an organizational psychologist (because I had career choice troubles) and I did this test, which looks at the "tendency towards" of your personality.

I am an INFJ
(Introverted - gain more energy from being by self
Intuitive - works on "gut instinct" and assesses things globally rather than using concrete facts
Feeling - making decisions based on emotion
Judging - tendency towards planning and organization and having things settled.

She mentioned that if you are out of balance/stressed then you can take these traits to the extreme - I know I have been feeling withdrawn, overtly emotional, looking at things in terms of the "whole of my life" and getting very frustrated about not being able to execute my plans.

Suddenly remembering this chat of about 10 years ago has really helped me to see that I need to step back, work on the stress levels and chill out a bit..ie bring things back into balance again.

I prioritized sleep over exercise this morning, but tomorrow I'm looking forward to giving it a good shake and having some fun.

4 comments:

jodie said...

Hi Liz
First of all congrats on the comp. I think you did an amazing job!! You looked SENSATIONAL!!!! Sorry to hear that you are facing negativity from your family but sometimes those who don't understand have trouble coming to terms with the lifestyle choice. Anyway, all the best for the Nats. Do it for you. :) :)

After much debate and discussion with a practitioner I am an INFJ too. I find the Myers Briggs so very very interesting. We do tend to over anylyse things in our head because take things in internally. And I know for sure alot of my decisions are based on gut feelings rather than data.
Anyway, take care
Jodie

Tracey said...

Owww, Liz hope that everything is better & back on track for you. I know how hard it is living in a remote area like Bilo. I am so pleased to be living in Gladstone as this is the first time in so many years that I have been able to attend a gym. It is harder when you live in a town to entertain children, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Hope everything picks up for you, I am only a few hours away if you want to come & visit & just hang or even workout at some stage.

Good luck for the nationals. Don't go stressing about what your family says, my family is exactly the same way. My mother & sister are big girls & dont understand why I would want to be thinner & have given me the anorexic talk before. Just brush it off & keep on going the way you have been you know the truth & that is all that matters!!!

Splice said...

Hey Liz :-)
Im glad you feeling better. Hang in there, not long to go, but long enough to hit top condition.
Your in my thoughts,
Deb xxx

LizN said...

Hi Jodie,

Nice to meet another INFJ on the blog :) I have read your journal but not seen you post for awhile. Hope you are OK.

Hi Tracey,
Thanks for your support ;)

Hugs
Liz :)