Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Not long now!

I cannot believe it is only 3 days out now, but I'm really beginning to look forward to things. I've done all I can do and apart from trying to "de-dork" myself in the routine - that is my greatest problem, I look "wooden" doing the routine sometimes- I am really very happy with my preparation.

Weight has dropped a smidge and I am really enjoying not carb depleting - had extra again today and taught RPM - gave them a thorough pasting which was great fun. Got my distilled water today and planning my low sodium day for Friday - cannot believe how much sodium is in everything so I will have to be careful. At least it is only for 24 hours :)

I picked up all of my gear from Lorna Jane this afternoon. I could not believe the girl grinning back at me in the "XS" size with a six pack to boot. I stood there feeling so lucky and amazed at where this journey has taken me! When I think of the day I laid in bed at 85kg (187 pounds) and decided to get up and get going, rather than stay down, I must admit I feel pretty emotional.

Sometimes I compare myself to others and worry about my stretch marks and loose skin, that I'm not "good enough" to be up on stage, I'm "too old", not attractive enough and that it's all not real! I guess I still have those mental hurdles to overcome, but I'd say that most of the time I am happy now in my own skin and really hope that I reflect that happiness within when Saturday rolls around.

8 comments:

Julie B said...

I am so proud of you. I wish I could be there to watch you on stage. I am sure it is tough to get through the mental part and the comparing, but look how far you have come. you are such an inspiration to me! You and Julie A are giving me the bug to try this comp. deal.

LizN said...

Thanks so much Julie! You are an inspiration to me as well. I think you'd do a fantastic job with a comp if ever you decided to go down that route :)

Hugs
Liz ;)

Sam D-M said...

Liz, I will be thinking of you over the weekend. You should be so proud of how far you have come. Remember, don't compare yourself to others, it is all about changes you have made.

I was laughing at you caining your RPM class. You sound like me, when I am worn out form comp stuff I usually give them all a bit of a rev up!! LOL

Look forward to hearinghow you go on weekend, good luck!!!

Sam

Splice said...

Oh Liz you made me laugh about the "de-dork" part lol.

You are a fantastic person and everything that you are feeling and experiencing right now, is what you deserve.
You have an incredible physique and you ARE gorgeous!
So come Saturday, you are going to show everyone what your made of!
I will be cheering you on again.
I may even see you tomorrow.
luv,
Deb xxx

LizN said...

Thanks so much for your encouragment girls, it means a lot.

Deb, I will try and hook up tomorrow :)

Hugs
Liz ;)

Maraina said...

GOOD LUCK LIZ!!!

You go girl! See you on Comp day!

Maraina
xxx

little rene said...

Hello? Too old. Not good enough.

Sister I have seen a picture of you in a miniscule bikini and you are SMOKIN!!!!!

You will be fantastic Liz! It made ME emotional to think of you comparing your current self to the other version! Congratulations and enjoy your fantastic, amazing, mind blowing achievements!

love

renexxx

Janew said...

*GO LIZ* Girl you are gorgeous!!! and you have an amazing body!! Have an awesome time on Sat and I look forward to seeing your piccies here soon!
Jane xo