Monday, September 04, 2006

This one is for Rae!



I honestly didn't know what picture I was going to put up today and then I thought of Rae and thought, I'll put my big mug up here!

Actually it's a good reminder to keep going - I still have a bit to go!

Recapping the weekend - had cravings for chocolate all day Saturday after waking up feeling very depleted and tired. I tried to work my way around the cravings, but to no avail - I tried Nutella (not a good move) , extra carbs/protein and eventually shared half a bar with hubs and immediately felt much better. It meant that Saturday was a day where I ate much more than I wanted but I try and learn from these experiences and move on. What I learnt out of it is to have some chocolate if I really feel like it, simply because I crave it so rarely and I must have been very much out-of-sorts to have such a craving.

Sunday was a complete rest day which meant I got to see the effect of all of those carbs in the mirror today - my muscles looked pretty full and I took full advantage of the extra glycogen and put in a kicker of a run this morning as well as a pretty heavy training session. I still end up a little over food budget today, and weight is up, but all good things come down in my case so I'll keep pressing on.

Hmm, what else? The dump trucks actually turned out to be quite interesting. At full tilt, they are 20 metres high and take 3500 litres of fuel to fill the tank! Yikes.

Training today:
Run - 45 mins -took about 20 minutes to warm up and then I put the foot on the accelerator.
Elliptical- 15 mins

Strength Training:
Chin ups: varied grips 4 x6 (the wide grip was assisted...youch!)
Lat PD to front: 4 x8
Hyperextensions: 4 x 10
Seated Row: 4 x8
Leg Curl: 3 x20
Tricep Dips + 2kg dumbbell: 4 x 8
Dumbbell DeadLifts: 3 x15 bent knee, 3 x 15, stiff
Tri push down: 3 x10

10 comments:

Splice said...

You have such a great way with dealing with things like that.
Im in another "valley" as you so nicely phrase it.
Just feel like things are piling up on me from all around. Im also having second thoughts about the comp. Nerves are creeping in fast with only 5 weeks to go.
Perhaps a good nights sleep will fix things.
I love that picture of you Liz, perhaps seeing it up here today has sparked something in me again.
Hugs,
Deb xxx

LizN said...

Thanks Deb - you are going to be just fine. Remember being up there for a few minutes of our life is insignificant in the whole scheme of life.

Big hugs
Liz ;)

Janew said...

WOW Liz!!! what an awesome picture :) with a base like that you are definitely going to kick some ass ;)lol!
You are a very strong and beautiful person!!
jane xo

LizN said...

Thanks Jane! I have to pinch myself sometimes and say "was that really me?" lol... still have a bit to go to get into that condition but I'm working on it ;)

Hugs
LIz ;)

Tracey said...

Noice pic Liz.

The dump trucks are big arnt they.

Splice said...

Hey Liz,
Thanks for your email today :-)
I am feeling better today but still had to jump in here and take another look at that awesome picture.
Ok...had a look....feeling inspired yet again lol.
Thanks!!
Hugs,
Deb xxx

Maraina said...

Gidday Liz,

Great postings. Good reading. Am looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in October. Keep up the excellent work!

Maraina
xxx

LizN said...

Hi girls...

Deb..so glad you are feeling better. Thanks for your support - I'm climbing out of the valleys too :)

Lia...sounds like a plan - I'll have to keep that in mind next time :)

Maraina - great to meet you and looking forward to seeing you at INBAs

Hugs
Liz ;)

RaeC said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!! Awesome pic hon!! Post away... we want more!! :o)
xxx

LizN said...

Thanks gorgeous!